Red Lips

So somehow, in the few short weeks I was gone, Having Harry's Baby basically doubled in reads and ended up in some of your guy's reading lists, for which I am so thankful. I've had a tough few days but I'm back now. Thank you for staying!

~ HayleyCT

March 26, 2015

   Finally, I was allowed to go home. I was out of danger and so was the baby. The sonograms had looked well. Of course, I wasn't far along enough yet to know the baby's gender, but knowing that he or she was alright was enough for me. 

   I was told to stay at home for at least the next few days and to get a lot of rest, which I of course planned to do already. My limbs still hurt and I still felt somewhat weak. 

   Zayn had been kind enough to have taken care of me to the best of his ability. He was the one to take me home. 

   The first thing I did once I was back was take a nice, long shower. I still needed the seat, but no assistance, which I was incredible relieved about. 

   As soon as I was out of the shower and dressed, I saw that I'd received a message from Harry asking me to call him back. I had two missed calls. 

   As the phone rang, I brushed through my tangled hair. 

   "Hello, beautiful. How are you," he said, his voice sounding happy.

   His happiness suddenly made me feel giddy myself. "I'm alright. How have you been?"

   "I'm great. Actually, I'm better than great," he paused. 

   I had no patience whatsoever. I needed to know what had him in such a great mood. "What's going on? Something good?"

  He laughed. "Yes. I've got news for you."

   "Alright. Go ahead. Don't keep me waiting," I urged, placing my hairbrush on the side of my bed and sitting down slowly. 

   "Well," he said, "what would you say if I told you I'll be coming home soon?" He asked. 

   Suddenly I was frozen in place. Home? Soon?

   "What do you mean? When is soon? For how long? I... I'm confused."

   His laugh rung in my ear again, a sweet song. "Well, we'll be on break. I'll arrive April fifth and can stay until June fourth. That's when the tour starts back up."

   I was frozen in place. Harry would be coming home and would have an entire two months off from tour. That was incredible news. And also frightening. I hardly knew Harry, but I was aware of the mutual attraction between us. Since he'd been gone, I'd felt it even more - the need for him. The want to get to know him better. To have him. 

   Two months.

   "Hazel?"

   I shook myself out of my train of thought. "Wow. That's great," I replied, sounding a little more unethusiactic than I'd hoped.

   There was a brief moment where neither of us said a word. It was only about two seconds long, but it felt so much longer. 

   Harry broke the silence. "Is everything alright?"

   "Yeah!" I tried making up for my lack of enthusiasm. "Of course. I'm excited to see you."

   I could almost see him smile - sensing my bullsh*t. "Well, I'm excited to see you. I'm ready for a break. It'll be just a few days now."