108

Sitting in front of her made nervous but happy at the same time. This is the first time we'll actually talk about us. After all the years and days she's been running from me.

The only problem is, she doesn't look happy. I'm pretty sure something is bothering her. Something aside from me?

"Thank you," I said after a while of silence. She looked at me and smiled but I didn't see the same happiness in her eyes. And it made me worry. Is it me? Am I the reason behind that sad smile?

"Jennie, I know that..." I tried to find the words to say but something was holding me back. I knew the words but somehow my tongue got tied. My gaze fell to the cup of coffee in front of me. I was playing with the cup handle, trying to regain the confidence I think I forgot to bring.

"I don't hate you. If that's what you think. But neither did I like everything that happened," she said, straight. As always.

My heart ached thinking of the past. I missed how she used to talk back to me like she's the boss. I miss everything.

"I'm sorry. And I'm really sorry if I couldn't say anything other than I'm sorry," I admitted. There's nothing wrong with being honest to myself. And I really can't think of anything to say, knowing that I made a mistake which caused her emotional pain.

"But, I want you to know that-"

"I know you're sorry for everything and I already forgive you," she stopped and looked away. "But, I hope you understand that everything was all in the past. And I don't want everything back."

Don't want everything back..

It echoed in my head and I suddenly lost all my strength. I don't what she was talking about but I had a bad feeling about it.

"We can start all over again," my voice was shaking. And all I know is that, I'm scared to lose her.

Again.

"Before agreeing to meet you, I carefully thought about everything. And I made up my mind,"

My heart felt heavy because of her words. Now, I'm certain. She doesn't want me back. I am everything... in her past.