117

117: Jennie's POV

"I love you," I've seen it first before actually hearing it from him. Who would've thought that a simple text message would turn into something so precious and special, so true and beautiful. Well, I didn't.

It was a very wrong timing. Out of the blue, in the middle of the day, when I was so down and broken, I received a very unusual message from someone I don't even know. Not even a clue. I knew the sender was mistaken but I found it somewhat interesting. How could he or she send it to a wrong number? Doesn't he/she have a contact of the desired person?

But what's more interesting is that I've learned it was a he. And it turns out to be a schoolmate, a former blockmate, and a neighbor of mine. I remember clearly that he was the nerd type but I guess puberty really has its thing, huh? He became a campus superstar after his winning goal in a tournament. He was in the team with my boyfriend. But, what surprised me more is that they were former bestfriends. I wondered then why their friendship ended.

"How did you even know that guy? He's a jerk," Hanbin told me after explaining myself as to why I ended up texting with a stranger. But for the nth time, he doesn't understand it.

"I told you, I didn't know. You've already read our conversation and I'm sure you see how I asked him to introduce himself, right?" I explained again, now, a little annoyed because of his lack of comprehension.

"It's better if you avoid him. Don't ever meet up with him," he sounded angry at some point. He really hates him. But what could be the reason?

I avoided him. But, unfortunate things happen and I couldn't just turn a blind eye. I was with my friends when I heard from the students that there's a fight going on. We immediately went to where it was and saw Hanbin and Taehyung yelling at each other. It was then when I completely ended everything between us. He couldn't just let go. I'm tired of understanding whatever his reasons are, especially when he's becoming more of a different person everyday.

He tried pursuing me again but I find it hard to trust him again. And everytime I turn down his invites, he would always say that I'll regret this. I didn't believe him. Because I know I've made a good decision, breaking my ties with him.

One night, Hanbin texted me. I missed him. I know he was hurting then and very vulnerable, I wouldn't want to give him false hope about us, so I chose to be silent about my feelings.

Since then, I could feel that Taehyung is acting weird around me. And I know exactly what he's doing. But then, is this even right?

"In the eyes of many, maybe no. But what does your heart say? You can't ignore that. We're young. Naive. What's wrong with trying to be happy again?" Jisoo spontaneously told us. I never thought that this friend could actually say something so normal.

"She's right. If Jungkook and I would break up and Taehyung would ask me out, I won't hesitate to say yes," Lisa said nonchalantly which made us hit her lightly in the head. How could she say that?!

"I'm not worried about what others would say. I'm afraid of what Hanbin might do if ever," I said honestly. Even if our relationship wasn't perfect, we loved each other. I don't want to make him feel that everything about us has not important to me. He is a friend even before we became a couple.

I'm aware of what he can do. He won't hesitate to hurt someone just to get revenge or whatever.

But then again, Taehyung is so persistent. He told me he'll wait until I'm ready to love again. He was a real gentleman, reason why I completely fell for him.

That time at the beach, someone approached me. He was just being friendly when Taehyung came, looking grumpy all of sudden. He told me that the gang was already setting up a bonfire and asked me to go with him.

On our way back, he's still not smiling and not even talking.

"Taehyung?" I asked when he started walking the other way.

"What?" he angrily turned to me. I was surprised but chose to calm down.

"What's wrong with you?" tho I'm starting to get mad too because of him, I tried to calm myself in order to have a decent conversation with him.

"I don't know. But, I'm not feeling well," he turned his back on me but I called him again.

"Is it because of that guy? Taehyung, you're being too possessive. We're not even a thing." I almost lost it. But it didn't register to me until Taehyung looked at me, hurt and angry.

He walked away and I can't bring myself to go after him. I know I've made a mistake that time.

“Ready?” my mom came in with the brightest smile I have ever seen. Looking at myself in the mirror, I nodded profusely, can't contain my happiness.

Today is the big day!

“My gosh, my angel's already a woman! I can't believe this is already happening,” mom said with so much exaggeration before hugging me tightly from behind.

I saw how a small tear escaped her eye and I'm starting to feel like crying too but I won't. Breathe in, breathe out. Don't let the tears ruin your make up!

“The ceremony will start in a minute,” a staff announced. Mom did not let go of the hug until we're set to go to the wedding area.

It was a simple beach wedding. We chose to make it a private wedding, with only our families, and closest friends. Simple but intimate.

Standing right in front of our guests, is my groom, waiting for me, with all smiles. A man who looks so good in white.

The music played as I started walking towards him. I looked around and saw the unending smiles of everyone, and I felt nothing but happiness.

Who would've thought that after those years, we'd still end up in the arms of each other? I didn't. But, I guess, fate has its own way of doing things. Just like what it did to us.

I met him at the wrong time. We loved each other imperfectly. I found myself still tied up with my memories with him. He found himself begging for forgiveness. We found each other in love again.

“Ready to be my wife?” the words he welcomed me when I reached him.

“Let's just get married before I change my mind,” he pulled me closer and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

From this day on, I know I will live happily with this man, and our future children. And from now on, there will be no regrets.