119

This is the last update. Thank you all for reading and for patiently waiting for updates. Never thought this book would be worth reading. Thank you!!

Part 2

Epilogue

Everyone was partying, enjoying themselves as they toast for our victory but even though I have all the rights to celebrate, I can't seem to find it in me to be happy. My heart felt heavy just by the sight of my bestfriend getting all the attention from the girl I like.

We share the same table, she's with her friends, and I'm with mine. I am silently watching them as Hanbin makes obvious hints about liking her, and possibly court her. And I hate how everyone seems to support him and even pushing them to take a photo. I was smiling the whole time but it turned to a grimace when Hanbin suddenly called me to take their picture.

He handed me his phone while the both of them stood to go to a much better setting. It took me a while before following them. I swallowed the lump building up in my throat as I fix the camera on them. My gaze went from the screen to the people in front of me. I don't know why but I'm having a time speaking. I can't open my mouth to say a word and just signaled that I'll take their photo.

It was just a brief moment but it felt like it was forever. I showed them the pictures and watched them as they shyly smiled at each other. I could only sigh and took my leave. I joined the group. I looked back at them and knew that it was such a bad idea.

All those times she was there, the simple gestures and kindness towards us, was because of him. He never really kept it a secret to me that he is admiring someone but I never thought we'd end up wanting the same woman. And I ended up, giving up.

Weeks after, I heard he was already courting her. And the next thing I knew, they are already official. What can I do? Of course, forget. But ever since that day, I kind of grew distant from my bestfriend. It wasn't just me. He became more focus on her that he usually ditch us on our practices and even our get togethers.

Everything started to change during 9th grade. Hanbin and I became mere acquaintances. He withdrew from our team, while I continued playing. There were no hard feelings then, but somehow something has driven him into hating me. I don't know what but I could feel his anger towards me.

Finally, one day, I got to meet someone who appreciates me as a person, and took me into her life. She was a classmate. The thing is, I got transferred to another block that time and it's when I met and started knowing her. We became a couple after.

I admire her. I love her. I know it's true. We were out with our friends, drinking. And that's when it all happened. We did it too early, and that was wrong. But, I didn't regret anything even when I knew she was pregnant with my child. We were both happy but realizing what we could lose because of what we did, made us somehow drift apart.

We only thought of being happy. But what happens in the future, we didn't plan out. She dropped school and focused on her pregnancy while I continued my studies. I had to. For my family. But, even before he was born, we decided to call it off. It was a mutual decision. Everyone might not understand why but we know it's a good decision. She didn't hate me. I didn't stop loving her. Although, this time, it was a different kind of love.

Irene transferred to another school. And lived with her parents. Her parents hated the idea that we broke up, but eventually forgave us. I visit during the weekends, or if I want to see them so badly, I go to them after my classes.

Just when I thought everything is going smoothly, something went off. I thought I was over her, but when I got to see her in a state I never would imagine, every little feeling came back, blossoming again.

I woke up in a bright room, the sunlight seeping through the curtains almost blinding me. I tried reaching for my phone on the bedside table but I found myself unable to move, like something is stopping me.

And when I realized what is was or who it was, a smirk automatically made its way to my lips. Right... I'm with this woman now.

She was soundly sleeping, head resting on my chest, her arm wrapped around me. I couldn't help but to smile at the image of us, lying in bed, together. It wasn't the first time that we actually shared the bed together. But, unlike the first time, this is more comfortable? I don't know.

I watched her as she continues to sleep. I can't believe I get to wake up everyday with the woman I love lying beside me. And sleep every night with her, too.

I felt her move so I pretended to be asleep. I squinted a little to see what she's doing and when I saw her sleeping, I watched her again.

“Stop watching me,” I laughed at her morning voice. Not that it's funny but it's cute.

I kissed the top of her head and tried catching her gaze but she buried her face more, hiding from me.

She didn't looked up to me so I did what I had to do. I went on top of her which caused her to scream and took the blanket to wrap herself.

“What are you doing?!” she asked when I should've been the one asking.

“What does it look like? Morning exercise,” I laughed but she just hit me on the shoulders. I took the blanket off her face and laughed more when I saw how her cheeks were tinted red.

“Get o-off me,” she stuttered.

“And why?” I questioned playfully.

“Your son's probably awake now. Go check,” she said that made me confused. We just got married yesterday. This should be our alone time.

“What?”

“Baekhyun is here,” she laughed. Now, she's the one laughing. What's going on?

“What?! Why?! Why is he here?” I was surprised to hear that my son is here. Is this a sabotage?

“I ask Irene if I could borrow Baek for some days,” she explained, having that smirk and playfulness on her face.

“You're not getting any of it,” she stick her tongue out to tease me before pushing me off her.

Is this for real?

“Daddy?” I heard him behind the door. Jennie went for the door and playfully winked at me before opening it.

Damn.

I glared at her but she only raised an eyebrow at me. My son ran towards me and hugged me as he said his good morning and I did too. I look up to see Jennie who's watching us lovingly, now.

I guess, I should just get used to this life first. I have the whole life time to make love to her and some days won't hurt, right? ;)

THE END.