Le Mix Up

Loki's P.O.V.

I stood outside in the green grass behind the compound, wrinkled hands in my pockets and harsh wind blowing against my pale cheeks. My green eyes didn't leave the name engraved on the stone for even a half second. A bittersweet smile graced my thin lips as the knife of loss continued to twist inside my chest.

"It's strange being here without them." A familiar voice said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see a wrinkled and worn out Steve Rogers coming to stand beside me. His blue eyes found the grave sitting next to the one my eyes were just memorizing. "Almost feels wrong." I added, allowing my eyes to return to the slab of stone.

"I knew when I started my relationship with Sera that I would outlive her by many years... I was never able to prepare myself for it though." I said solemnly, glancing over at the blonde man. Steve nodded before speaking. "I've never been able to get used to them being gone, it doesn't feel real."

"They have been gone a long time and I keep waiting for someone to fill their places in the group, but I have now realized that it's not possible." I said, tears coming to my eyes. "No one else can be as bright as Sera was, she held so much love in her heart and was able to spread it throughout the world without even knowing it." Steve said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"And no one else can be as sarcastic and blunt on the outside but keep a heart of gold safely hidden on the inside like Tori did." I told him with a smile, causing tears to prick his blue eyes.

I let out a rough sigh before taking two black vials out of my coat pocket. "Well, I think we've waited long enough to see them." Steve looked back at the Avengers Fortress before taking a vial. "The team is stable again and your family is thriving." The blonde said, referring to my daughter, son, three granddaughters, and four grandsons. Unfortunately all of Steve's family had died except for his great grandchildren.

"They'll like that we've put them next to each other." I said, looking down at Sera and Tori's graves. "You sure this will work? The last time you gave me one of these was back in 2249 and we were both pigeons for five months!" Steve asked, smiling as he finished.

"I assure you, Steven, these will kill us." I said, popping the lid off my vial. "Well then... I'll see you on the other side." The man said with a smirk. At the same time we held the glass up to our lips and let the black liquid slide down our throats.

()()(Heaven[That's right, Loki made it])()()

I opened my eyes to see a bright room made of clouds filled with people smiling a laughing. I got up off the soft ground and noticed that I was dressed in a white tux and my black hair was slicked back nicely. I looked around in search for Sera but I could not find her. I saw a younger version of Steve embracing his wife, son, and daughter in law. Then a tap on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to see a glowing version of my brother Thor. "Brother!" He boomed cheerfully, glass of a form of alcohol in his left hand. "Hello Thor, I see that you have both of your eyes!" I commented as I gave him a hug. "Yes but no legs." He said as he looked below us.

It was then that I noticed that slightly below our torsos our legs faded into a swirl that a genie would have. "Yes, even in Valhalla you cannot have it all." I commented. "You will get used to it, flying is very fun." Thor assured.

"Where is Sera?" I asked, eyes wandering around the clouded room. At my words Thor's face fell. I waited for a moment as my hopes fell. "What is it?" Thor set his glass down in the middle of the air and leaned back as if he were leaning on an invisible table. "She is not here."

My stomach fell and I could swear even though I didn't have a heart I felt it stop. "Where is she?" I asked, agitation in my tone. Before Thor could answer, I spoke. "Don't tell me she is back on Earth, I literally just left that place and I'm the one who does the fake dying, not her!"

"I do not know where she is but I do know someone who does." Thor said before patting my shoulder and pulling me through the crowd. We passed multiple familiar faces but I did my best to ignore them and the activities they were participating in. 

Thor stopped us in front of some kind of cloud like mass sitting on a golden sofa. "Who is this?" I asked, judging the creature heavily. "This is Alfalfa, he is basically the man in charge around here." 

"I have not read about such a being in the Asgardian scrolls." I remarked, looking to my brother for an explanation. "That is because everyone who comes here does not want to leave where as those who end up in hell do everything in their power to escape. It doesn't happen very often but there are those who make it out and are able to tell stories of their horrors." The blue ghost of my brother explained. 

The cloud formation grumbled a few things before rolling over to face us. Two steaming blue eyes rolled out from his head and stared at me. "What is it that you need?" 

"I need to know where Sera Hazeldine is." I replied. The cloud frowned before raising an eyebrow. "The name doesn't ring a bell." I furrowed my eyebrows before walking closer towards the creature. "Well it should because she died a long time ago and she belongs here so unless she is still on earth she must be here somewhere." 

The cloud creature groaned before rubbing his forehead with his hand. "Now the you mention it I do remember her, she was only here for a few minutes before I sent her-..." The cloud stopped itself before pointing to the ground with wide eyes.

I shook my head in annoyance and confusion. "What-what does that mean?" Thor let out a heavy sigh before turning me to face him. "He means that Sera is in hell."