Chapter 12

“taehyung.” Luna Eunae approaches me. We are in the pack hospital. Doctors are operating on my mate. It happened all of a sudden. One moment she was standing and the next moment she was lying on the ground in a pool of blood. I was beside her in seconds, picking her up and rushing to the hospital. Everyone in the pack house saw that. Now everyone one doubts me.

“Luna.” I greet and look up to find her standing in front of me with a hand on her swollen stomach. She nods and takes the empty seat beside me. I go back to looking at my feet. Its 2 AM in the morning and the hospital is pretty much empty.

“You should be sleeping.” I say as I look at her baby bump.

“I can’t sleep after what happened” She says her voice barely a whisper. I take a deep breath and rub my eyes. Even though I am drained out of all the energy, I don’t feel like sleeping. Not now when I don’t know whether she is alive or dead. Hell she has already managed to make my life fucking complicated. I can’t help but wonder what will happen if we mate... but I am going to reject her. Right?

“I am sorry.” She says and rubs my shoulder. I look up from my feet to see her watery eyes. My eyebrows knit together in discomfort to see her like this. Gosh I will be sent to hell to cause soo much trouble to this pregnant Luna. I shake my head at her.

“You need not be sorry. It was my entire fault.” I say. She clutches my shoulder.

“No, it wasn’t. It was no one’s fault. We got overdramatic.” She says.

“No you weren’t. You were worried for your kid. That’s all.” She shakes her head and looks at the door behind which my mate is fighting for her life. Doctors told me that the bullet hit one of her major organs. I don’t know how to react on that. I will be losing her even before I got her. My life can’t get more complicated.

“We should be thankful to her.” She says as she nods towards the door. I can’t agree more with her. She returned Minjoon without a scratch. What else could we need?

“Taehyung. Who is she?” Finally she asks the question. The question I have been planning on to avoid. Everyone has been wondering that since what happened in the pack house. Some are saying that she is one my alias and that I have planned to kidnap Minjoon with her. Many people have many theories about me and I am sure most... all of them are bad. But I don’t care! As long as she lives I don’t care.

“I don’t know.” I answer. Yes I know who she is! She is the most important person to me who ever walked this planet. She is my mate. She is the one I have waiting for ten fucking years and now she will die. The day I meet her is that say she die. Fucking wonderful.

“She is your mate.” I look at her with surprise. She knows. I sigh and message my temples. My plan was to not tell anyone about the thing between me and her. As soon as she recovers, I will reject her and tell her to never cross paths with me. As simple as that. But it’s my specialty to fuck things up and why would this time be any different?

“How did you know?” I ask. She always knows my secrets. She says that I am an open book. If I am really an open book and if she can really read me then I would request her to read me those chapters of my book that are about to come. I want to find out whether my mate will be there or not.

“Taehyung. I am a Luna and I look after a whole fucking pack. I can tell if there’s something going on in between two people just by looking at them.” If this wasn’t the situation then I am sure she would say those words simply to pull my leg. But this time her words seems to pull my head. Fuck.

“I am going to reject her.” I announce and stare at the door burning holes in it, hoping that I could see through them what was actually going on on the other side.

“What! No! You won’t do that!”

“Yes I will reject her. She is a Night Walker.” She shakes her head in disapproval.

“Tae, you can’t do that! She is your mate!”

“So what?” The casualness of my tone surprises even me.

“So what? Taehyung? She is your mate. Mate! Your other half and rejection is far worse than death! Do you want to hurt her like that? Do you want to kill her like that? If you really wanted to kill her, then why save her now?”

Suddenly, Luna’s tone raised a new octave. I was surprised by her tone; the anger dripping from her voice surprised me.

Her eyes were grim and I could tell by the expression on her face that I have crossed an imaginary line.

I know that rejection is not an option. If I reject her then not only she but I will be affected by it too and being a hybrid, I will have to face much worse consequences.

“She will live.” That’s all I manage to say with my mind sinking deep into the pool of worries about the future and... about us.

~

It’s been a day since she was shot and she hasn’t gained any consciousness. The doctors told me that she was out of danger and that her wolf was doing a good job healing her. They also told me that she will be up soon. I can’t wait for her to wake up. It’s killing me. Several times I thought to go visit her but I did not want to face her in this situation. I don’t know what I will say to her. I have kept myself busy in work all the time, never taking a break. Days and Nights holds no difference for me right now.

Jin is still ignoring me and I am having a hard time to find the actual reason behind his ignorance. Is he ignoring me because of Minjoon or because of my mate? After I told Luna Eunae  about my mate, most of the pack knows. I can bet that their doubts for me has escalated to a new level by now and more crazy theories are being made on my complicated life. Last night I wore a printed shirt and I didn’t read what was actually written on it until Minjoon pointed it out to me. It said ‘It’s complicated.’ Yup, it’s fucking complicated.

It’s midnight and I am working in my office, looking over some spread sheets when Jungkook comes in.

“Don’t you know how to knock?” I frown at him. Jungkook is really annoying. Sometimes I feel like setting his ass on fire.

“She is awake.” He says and I am already on feet speeding down the hallways and out of the pack house. I sprint to the pack hospital both excited and nervous to find out what awaits me there.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE