Chapter 23

It was 2 in the in morning when we returned home. Sanae went straight to her room and locked her door signaling that she is still mad. I also went to my room to get a couple hours of sleep but Leo didn’t let me sleep more than an hour and I ended up going to the office and resuming my work.

It was 5 in the morning when I felt commotion on the floor above me. Sanae must be up. When I went to the kitchen to make breakfast, I find Sanae holding the main door of the house open. She was about to step out but stops when she feels me burning holes behind her head. I cross my arms on my chest and lean on the wall beside, waiting to see her next move.

“If you want to repeat what happened last night then I dare you to step foot outside the door.” I growl. Some seconds went by and she does not move a muscle in her body, everything seems still as if someone hit the pause button in real life.

I feel Leo come to the surface. It’s getting hard for me to keep Leo in control whenever I am with her. He is really desperate to get her; all he wants to do is mark her and make sure she does not go away from us. I want the same but the thing is that we have to give Sanae time and space to adjust to us, to warm up to us. Leo is an animal, a wolf and wolves value their mates more than their lives. He is stronger than me and his need for Sanae is much more than me but he has to understand and be patient. We can’t force things on her. The more we force her, higher her walls get. There is certainly something that’s holding her back. But what? Why is she doing it? I know that her wolf wants to mate with Leo too but why is she putting up the walls and closing all the doors and not let us in?

‘Is she scared of us?’ Leo asks and I feel a tug to my heart. I never had this thought. But why will she be scared of us? I mean she knows the concept of Mate and she knows that I will never hurt her. It is the last thing in the universe that I will do. She is everything to me, she is my universe. She is my other half, the one my soul calls for, the one made for me and the one I am to love till I exist. I will give her everything once she gives herself to me. That’s all I ask for. I have waited for her so long and when I actually found her, she does not want to do anything with me. She wants to run away from me.

“I want to go for a run.” She says and runs out of the door and it didn’t take me long to follow her outside. It’s still dark outside. I shift and Leo takes control. I hear the snapping of bones at distance which means she is shifting too. Leo pushes me at the back when I try to take control. I wish he doesn’t end up rushing things with her wolf. He looks around and spot a beautiful white wolf at the edge of the woods. Her wolf looks breath taking, its sight to sore eyes. Her coat of fur is spotless. Leo becomes more excited seeing her wolf.

‘Oh Moon goddess help my boy.’I say and Leo growls. He runs towards her wolf. She senses us and starts running in the woods. Leo follows her scent. She is running pretty fast for a normal she wolf. Leo increases his speed and soon catches up with her. When she realizes that we are near her, she lets out a growl. Leo growls more loudly in response and leaps on her, bringing her to the ground. She growls and snaps her jaws but Leo growls once again. She goes silent under him but tries to get out from his grip. She howls and snaps her jaws at Leo once more but Leo does not loosen his grip. He buries his snout in her neck and sniffs her intoxicating scent. He licks her neck, an attempt to mark her scent but she wiggles under him. He grazes his canines on her neck, warning her to insert them into her skin if she struggles more. She freezes and Leo continues licking her neck. She shakes under him and Leo presses his body on her. The heat from both the bodies escaping into each other. She keeps still while Leo licks her.

When Leo loosens his grip on her, she stands up suddenly and starts walking. Leo follows her but she does not acknowledge him. She keeps walking. Leo reaches out and tugs on her tail, she turns her head towards Leo and lets out a growl. I can feel Leo grin at her.

‘Oh boy, you are whipped.’ I say and chuckle at him but he ignores me, his whole attention is on the white wolf in front of him. He howls in joy knowing that she smells like him.

He is really whipped.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE