Chapter 45

“I don’t trust you.” jin said after Sanae explained everything about the humanoids and their plans to stop them and how her team needed his pack’s help. She wasn’t surprised to see that Jin wasn’t interested to invest his trust into her. After all she and her pack mates did cause a lot of trouble and destruction to his. It was only a miracle that jin wasn’t ripping her head off her body after all that happened, beta female or not, jin disliked her. Sanae wasn’t fool enough to not notice this.

“I know.” Sanae said out loud. She knew that she had already crossed many lines and she was still ready to cross many more if it was all that took to destroy the humanoids. The air around them became thick with tension. Jin growled at her but didn’t make a move to decorate her body with bruises keeping this fact into consideration that Taehyung’s and Sanae’s neck were decorated with red bite marks. That meant that both of them have marked each other, which adds one more reason his list of ‘Reasons why I shouldn’t kill yi Sanae’. Being bonded to his Beta, she was officially a member of his pack ignoring the fact that she hasn’t been introduced to the pack properly. And he knew better not to hurt Sanae because if he did then he will have to deal with his angry mate Taehyung.

Though he did shot Sanae once and at that time no one knew what relation she had with Taehyung hence the matter was easy to let go but he knew that if he did it for the second time then no one will let the matter go easily.

The first time when Sanae’s pack attacked his territory, many border patrollers, prison guards, and warriors were killed. She had Minjoon with her who she was destined to kill but she didn’t for which he was more than grateful to her. After all the destruction he wanted to get his hands bloody with her blood but Eunae informed him that she is Taehyung’s mate. That moment came upon him as a shock, a moment full of confusion. She belonged to an enemy pack and happened to be his Beta’s mate. He decided to give her a chance so he kept quiet but at the same time monitored her for any unusual behavior that would signal that she meant harm to his pack but fortunately she didn’t show any such thing. He started to believe that she was good for his pack, good for the position of beta female but at the same time continued monitoring her. But on the other side, he was happy for taehyung who waited long for his mate.

Fortunately or unfortunately for him, jungkook also had the same fate. His mate also belonged to the same pack as that of Sanae and even though he is Gamma, he knew that jungkook won’t hesitate to get into a fight with him if he let a scratch on Minji’s body. While shoving everyone from that enemy pack into prison, he let Minji slip because of Jungkook. His thoughts drifted back to the she-wolf sitting in front of him.

Everything was going fine and he thought that despite having a dark background she would fit in the pack and decided to introduce her to the pack as their beta female but that night again everything went wrong. Her pack warriors attacked his pack members who were totally unguarded. They killed several people. Thinking about the event that night makes his blood boil. Many of his pack members were brutally killed. How dare they attack unprotected, unarmed people! It’s against war rules! Both the sides should be equal in a war field but their well trained and well-armed warriors killed his unarmed men. They didn’t even spare the women and children. It was almost like a bloodbath. Thinking about all those things he let out a thundering growl.

On that same night, Sanae turned into a monster, something he hasn’t seen before. Then she was shot by one of her warriors. She was poisoned and for that moment he felt sympathy for Taehyung. He had never seen Taehyung act like that, he was holding her as if his life depended on her which really did. He had never seen that swirl of emotions on his face and he knew what he was going through. Had it been Eunae at Sanae’s place then he would have been in the same state.