Chapter 1

10 years ago

Matteo

I heard a faint cry of a baby coming from the living room of the pack house. I followed the sound as it lead me to a baby girl crying alone in the sofa. I approached her and carried her in my arms. Something inside me makes me want to protect her. Her little hands reached for my face. My heart thumped when she gave me a smile.

But our little moment was meant to end. A lady approached me and signaled me to give her the baby.

"Matteo, give me baby Sierra."

So that's her name. Beautiful.

I was about to give her the Sierra but Sierra cried loudly. She doesn't want me to to give her to the lady. "She doesn't want me to give her to you."

But the lady tried to get ger from me so I growled. I scowled at her. "Sierra doesn't want to go to you. Why can't you understand that?"

"Oh, dear Lord. Matteo give Sierra to me."

"No!"

Sierra doesn't want me to give her so I won't.

I saw pack members circling around me. Weighing if they can get Sierra from me. I scowled at them. Then I saw Daddy walking towards me.

"Hey, bud, you might hurt the baby. Come here, give her to me."

I shook my head. "No, Daddy. You'll make her cry."

Sierra seemed to feel the presence of the pack members and it scared her. I hushed her as she cry.

"No one's gonna make you cry, baby. I'm just here. No need to be scared., Matty got you."

♤♤♤

Present day

Sierra

I went to Alpha King Mathios' house to play with Marion, the youngest child of Alpha King Mathios and Luna Champagne Donovan. I am older than her by 9 months.

I bumped into Matty, Marion's older brother. He smiled at me so I smiled back.

"You're gonna play with Marion?"

I nodded happily. "Where is she?"

"She'll be here any minute. She just took her bath."

"Okay. I'll wait here then."

"What do you want to watch later, baby?"

Today is Friday! It means movie marathon with Matty! "I want to watch Percy Jackson and Tinker Bell!"

"She wants to watch Perch Jackson because she has a crush on Logan Lerman!"

"Marion!"

"What? It's the truth!"

I saw Matty balled his fist. I looked at him questioningly but he looked away. He stood up and say, "I gotta go. Take care, you two." Then he left.

"What is wrong with Matty, Marion?"

"Dunno," she shrugged. She looked at me and smiled. "Let's go to Monique! She told me she's going to play with us!"