Chapter 3

Matteo

I was standing outside Marion's school waiting for her and Sierra. I looked at my watch, they should be here by now. Then I saw them, my smile was easily replaced with a frown when I saw Sierra laughing with a boy.

Why is she laughing with him? Is he her boyfriend? That can't be happening. She's mine.

At last, Marion saw me and ran toward my direction. "Hi brother!"

"Who's that guy?"

"Oh, that's Lee. The guy I'm talking about yesterday. That's him. They look good together, right?"

I gave her a 'wtf' look. "No way. He's too ugly for Sierra. And he's just a boy."

"And Sierra's just a girl."

"She belongs to me."

"Chill out, Matty! Your eyes are scaring me!"

I sighed and closed my eyes. I calmed my nerves. "I'm sorry, Marion."

"But seriously speaking brother, back off. If you really like Sierra, you won't have girls on the side."

"Marionette."

"What?"

"Hey, guys!"

Sierra's walking in our direction with the boy. He's an eyesore. Have anyone told him that?

Sierra hugged me. I smirked at him. You that kid? She belongs to me. At the end of the day, she will always run back to my arms. To me.

"Matty, this is Lee, a dear friend of mine. Lee, this is Matty--"

"Your brother?"

I heard Marion laugh. I balled my fist.

"No! He's Marion's brother."

"Nice to meet you, Matty."

He offered my a hand which I did not accept. I just stare at his hand. "It's Matteo to you."

"Oh, okay. So, see you girls tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you!" Marion said.

He hugged Marion then Sierra. I thought he's going to leave but no. He kissed Sierra's forehear and smirked at me. "Goodbye, pretty baby."

Sierra blushed. Fuck it. I want to strangle his neck and snap it. I want him dead.

♤♤♤

Sierra

"Someone looks happy!"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Stop it, Marion."

"Come on, Sierra! Spill the beans, young lady."

"And why would I?"

"Sierra!"

"Fine, fine."

"So tell me!"

"He asked me if I'm free on Saturday and I said yes. He said great and that he'll pick me up at 10 o'clock in the morning."

"O to the M to the G. You have a date on Saturday! We have to look for a dress. I'll do your make up! Maybe Monique will help us and do your hair."

I chuckled. "You're more excited than me."

"Of course! I ship you two! My ship is sailing."

"Stop it, Marion."

Mr. Donovan entered the living room and gave us a smile. "How are you doing, young ladies?"

"We're good, Dad."

"Sierra? Can you be a darling and call Matteo? He's in his room."

"Sure thing, Mr. Donovan."

"Please call me Mathios. I've been trying to tell you that for years now."

I just smiled. I went upstairs and knock on Matty's door.

"The door is open!"

I entered his room and saw him in front of his computer, having a video call with a girl. He looked at me and then back to the computer. "Gotta go, babe."

My heart hurt. It felt like someone stabbed it.

"Hey, Sierra. What can I do for you?"

"Ahm.. Mr. Donovan asked me to call you. So, yeah. I'll leave now."

"Okay."

He gave me a warm smile. I looked down to my hands and left his room. My heart still hurts.