Chapter 4

Sierra

It's been four days since the last time I saw Matty. My heart still hurt for some unknown reason. Do I need to have it check? It just hurt badly.

Marion seemed to notice my frown. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"My heart hurts."

"Come again?"

"My heart hurts, Mari."

"What? As far as I know, your family doesn't have any history of heart disease."

"I know. I know. But it hurts badly."

She put her hands on my shoulder. "Are you broken hearted?"

Her face is serious. I can't help but laugh. "Mari, it is more impossible to have my heart broken. I've never been in love in my entire life."

Now it's her turn to frown. "Then what is it?"

"You know what? Let's just watch some movies."

Her lips formed a smile and gave me a nod. "Much better."

We spent the whole afternoon watching chick flicks. The last movie that we watched is Ten Things I Hate About You.

"Hello, loves."

We looked up and saw a smiling Matty. He gave Mari a kiss before sitting beside me and giving me a kiss. "How are you, baby?"

"I'm fine." I answered.

"She's not fine." Mari butted in. Matty look at her.

"Why?"

"Well, her heart is aching for some unknown reason."

I look down at my hands as I play with it. I can feel Matty's stare.

"Your heart hurts and you do not know the reason?"

I nodded yes.

"Since when?"

"Since the last time I went here."

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Sierra."

I bit my lip and slowly meet his gaze. I gave him a smile.

"It's nothing serious, don't worry."

"No. You're hurt. It's something serious."

"Who was the last person you talked to that day?"

"Leo. We talked about the project we're working on."

"Did he say anything that hurt you?"

"No, he did not say anything."

Mari cleared her throat making us look at her.

Mari said, "Maybe it's about what he did not say."

♤♤♤

Matteo

"... like you know. Maybe he did not say I love yous or goodnights before hanging up."

That's it! I want to strangle my sister's neck. I glared at her direction but she just raised her eyebrow in return.

"I don't think that's the reason."

"Let's just talk about Hedge Ledger, people. He's so hot."

I knew that moment, my face become darker. Sierra gave someone a compliment. Someone who is not me. I wanted to react badly but before I can even start, Sierra's head fall into my shoulder.

I can't believe she fell asleep after mentioning some guy's name.

Marion shot me a glare. "I saw your eyes, brother. Hedge Ledger is dead, you know."

I acted like she did not speak a word. I gently picked Sierra up.

"She'll be sleeping in my room. Good night, Third."

My siblings and I have this nickname for each other. I am First, Monique is the Second and Marion is Third.

After tucking Sierra in my bed, I went to the bathroom and clean myself. I lay beside her, pulling her body closer.

People around us didn't put malice anything I do for her, from giving her a smile to sleeping beside her. I've been protective towards her since she was a baby. It never came into their minds that I'm already branding her as mine.

The next morning I opened my eyes with a smile on my lips. How can I not smile if the girl I cherish the most is inside my arms?

I watched her sleep. A few minutes later, she opened her eyes slowly. She gave me a smile.

"Good morning, Matty."

"Good morning, baby."

She closed her eyes only to fall asleep again. I chuckled and gently untangle my legs to hers and get up. After showering, I went down to the kitchen and see my mom. I kissed her forehead. "Morning, Mom."

"Where's Sierra?"

"Still sleeping in my room. What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes." She looked at me as if I'm a puzzle she can't solve.

"What is it, Mom?"

"You know your mate is the White Wolf, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

"Don't you think you're being unfair to Sierra? You're protecting her from the world, yes. But how about her heart if she found out that she's not the White Wolf?"

I gave her a tight smile. "I believe that she's the White Wolf, Mom."

"Matteo."

"Alpha Kings only fall once. I already had my chance. I fell for her. That's an assurance for me, Mom."