Chapter 2

Sierra

Matty keeps on glaring in my way and I don't know why so I decided to stand up and sit beside him.

"Matty?" I said his name softly. "Is there any problem? Are you mad?"

He looked at me. His dark eyes softened. "I'm okay. Just not in the mood."

He smiled a bit and focused his attention to the movie. I was about to stand up and when he hold my hand. "Sierra?"

"Hmm?"

"You know you're still a kid, right? You're still my baby, right?"

"But I'm 10 already!"

"Even when you're 50 years old, you will always be my baby. Okay?"

I nodded happily.

"Don't like other guys aside from me and from you brother, alright?"

I smiled. "Okay!"

He smiled and his eyes lit up. "That's my girl."

Pierro, my older brother, called me and told me that our mom was searching for me.

"I gotta go, Matty."

"Goodbye."

The other day, Marion went to our house and invited me to play with her outside.

"You know, there's this girl who throws herself to Matty and I'm like - why is she like that? Matty is soooo ugly! Is she blind?"

"Matty is not ugly, Marion."

"He is and he is so disgusting! He looks like my poop, actually. Then he always enter my room without my permission and ask me which looks better on him between black and red! I'm just a kid! The only handsome guy for me is Ken!"

"But Ken is fictional."

"Exactly! Anyways, I'm too pretty to care and get stress about Matty. Let's just play, please?"

Since that day, Marion always and I mean always rant about the girls who throw themselves to Matty. Five years leater, I'm 15 and she's 14, she still think that her brother is ugly.

"Why can't other girls see what I see?"

"Why can't you just let them be?" I asked suppressing myself to laugh.

"Because they are sooo... argh. Like - hello, I'm the sister not the messenger or what. They always approach me and ask me to give their letters and chocolates to Matty! My Dad treats me like a princess and I grew up to be a queen but they just treat me like a messenger!"

"Let them be, Marion. Anyways, I have news about Lee. He's coming home!"

"Lee? Who's Lee?"

We both looked at the door and saw Matty leaning on the door frame.

"Lee! Like Sierra's Lee!"

I know my face turn into crimson red. "Mari!"

"What?! He's your Lee! He even promised that he'll marry you!"

♤♤♤

Matteo

I heard Sierra mention a boy's name. I rushed to my sister's room. "Lee? Who's Lee?"

Marion rolled her eyes on me. I guess she's still pissed off because of what happened earlier.

"Lee! Like Sierra's Lee!"

Sierra blushed. "Mari!"

Why the hell is she blushing?

"What?! He's your Lee! He even promised that he'll marry you!"

Hell. No one's marrying my baby other than me.

"You know I only like him as a friend."

That's my girl.

"Best friend, I don't really care. I still like him for you! Team Lee for the win!"

I wanted to hit my sister so I decided to close my eyes and count from 1-10 to calm my nerves.

Sierra's phone beeped. She read the message and smiled apologetically. "I have to go. Pierro is waiting for me downstairs."

She kissed Marion's cheeks and hugged her. She went to me and gave me a kiss on my cheeks. "Bye, Matty."

"Take care, baby."

When she left the room, Marion looked at me and put her hands on her waist. "I don't like you for my best friend, Matty. You're just going to hurt her. Sierra deserves better."

"And you think that, that Lee is better."

"Actually no. But still better than you."

I am stunned with her words. I'm her brother! She should be supporting me. Encourage me even!

"If you like Sierra, then you won't entertain other girls. You just like her because you think it's what's right. What you feel is just like what you felt the first time you hold her in your arms, Matty. You just want to protect her."