Dancing

Ok so this is my first bts fan fiction and it probably won't fulfill your hopes or expectations but, you got to start somewhere. This chapter is going to be short and is just to give us something to start with. A better and more promising chapter will be coming soon. :)

Jungkook's POV

The members and I have been practicing for about an hour. We are working on the choreography for the idol music video. We should be improving but we aren't. We've only had one break and it was just long enough for us to grab a sip of water. Unlike Hoseok who is an amazing dancer and has this down already I'm struggling a little. I'm not usually this bad of a dancer, I'm usually pretty good. I think I'm just tired, and my moves are getting sloppier.

Now, I don't like to admit this but I may be a little over competitive and I get angry with myself easily. I just don't want to let my hyungs down. They are all working so hard and I don't want to mess it up for them. So despite my heaving chest and aching heels I dance my hardest. No body notices.

After 20 minutes more agony our manager tells us that we better stop for the day before we hurt ourselves and can't dance anyway. We decide he's probably right and head to get washed up.

As the warm shower water runs over my sweaty body I think about how far we've come. At the beginning of the year we weren't doing too great, but we worked together as a family and created a name for ourselves. My dream is coming true and I owe it all to the hyungs. That's why I can't let them down.

I think of Jimin especially. Whenever I am struggling with choreography Jimin notices and he helps me. I feel bad always taking up his time when he could be relaxing and recovering from the practice to help me learn what I should have picked up during the lesson. So this time I wouldn't have him help me. I would just have to get it on my own.

After washing the conditioner out of my hair and turning off the water I grabbed my towel, rubbing the droplets of water off me. Then I wrapped it around my waist. I grabbed my second towel and rubbed it over my head, getting the excess water out of my hair.

I chucked the towel over my shoulder towards the laundry basket and left the bathroom. I looked over my shoulder to see if it went in (it did) and ran right into Jimin. The towel around my waist slipped a little bit, showing my v line but nothing else.

"I'm sorry Jimin-hyung" I quickly said pulling my towel back up nonchalantly. Jimin was looking away awkwardly.

"It's fine Jungkook" he said and squeezed past me into the bathroom.

I returned to my room where I put on a pair of baggy Adidas pants and a white t-shirt. I flopped on my bed and grabbed my phone. I turned on some music, my favorite American playlist. The first song to come on was "attention" by Charlie Puth. I sat up, grinning and started to sing along.

"You just want attention, you don't want my heart." I belted the chorus, with my accent making the rs sound a little funny. Then I hopped up and danced freely, watching myself in the mirror. My room had plenty of open space in the middle, perfect for dancing. My dancing was smooth and natural. Not like I was dancing to the beat of the song but like the song was playing to the movement of my body. It felt perfect, like pure bliss. The song ended and I froze in my final pose, my chest heaving. The next song came on and I flopped back down on my bed.

When I looked up I saw Jimin in the door way. He was smirking at me. "Nice performance" he teased. I blushed, embarrassed that I had been caught.

"Hehe" a nervously laughed, playing with my fingers.

"I'm serious," he said " it was good you should dance like that during practice."

"I can't" I told him

"Sure you can," he insisted, "Just now, you were free, you were dancing for fun, not for an agenda. Don't think about idol as a task you have to accomplish think of it as a fun game. Don't stress about it so much. Just let lose and feel the moves."

"I guess I can try" I mumbled, a little embarrassed.

"Can I come in?" Jimin asked me, and I realized he had been standing in the doorway this whole time.

"Oh, yeah, of course" he came and sat on the edge of my bed. 

———————————————

After Jimin left, I set an alarm on my phone for 4:30 am that way I would have time in the morning to head to the studio before anyone woke up and try out Jimin's idea. Maybe if I was more loose and relaxed I would do better.

Ok so this chapter is extremely short but I just wanted to get some background and I little bit going before all the action actually happens. Ok I'll shut up. Goodbye I love you ~ Lilly