Chapter Ten

Steve's POV

I escorted "Ellesmere" to her new room. She hadn't taken off her mask since but she looked around as if nothing covered her face. Barton had taken the rubber band off her wrist, she smiled and i would've sworn i'd seen that smile somewhere.

We got to her room - the last one on the first floor, right next to Peter's and Wanda's. There was utter discomfort on her face when she finally took off her mask.

Familiar eyes, familiar smile, familiar hair - she looked very familiar to me. I tried thinking about where i'd seen her face before but nothing came to mind.

"God. I know you guys hate me but not enough to give me a room next to sticky fingers." She complained when she noticed the spider pattern on the next door.

I wanted to chuckle but i held back. In a way, she reminded me of Stark.

"Wanda's here too so he won't be much of a big bother." I soothed in a calm way. She looked surprised for a minute then i guessed she realized i was Captain America.

"Yeah, I get accent lady too. Yippee doo!" There was strong sarcasm in her tone.

So Stark.

She pushed the door open, a lot gentler than i expected until it was wide open. Natasha had the room prepared and made it look just like hers - big bed, grey sheets, everything else red but no rubber. Well, only the slippers.

"You're from Brooklyn too, huh?" I asked trying to cook up a nice conversation. She turned to look at me and for a very brief second, i saw someone's face in hers but as soon as it came, it left. I couldn't quite place a finger on it - Yet.

"Yes and no. I grew up there but i wasn't born there. Now, if you'll excuse me, Steve, i'd like to rest a little. Spent half the day kicking asses and getting injured. "

The force. Right!  I had no idea if she was telling the truth but i didn't want to push it.

"Okay, there's a small gathering later at 8:00. You can come down if you want to." I said. Was i trying to be nice and friendly with her?

She had singlehandedly killed over 600 S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers in just one month. She was an enemy and didn't like us either.

She walked into the room, closed the door halfway then leaned on it making her look a lot younger and cuter.

Really, Steve?

"Is that an invitation, Steve? "

I noticed immediately how she'd been using my name ever since she came in. She was good at adapting.  One would think she wasn't new here. During our first encounter, she'd called me "America's Walking Flag" after sending 420 watts of electricity through my body.

I nodded in reply to her question. She smirked quickly with the left side of her mouth. There was no mistaking that smirk, but immediately u recognized it, i forgot it and every other familiar thing she did. Who was this girl?

"If your buddies don't mind and are not gonna think i have something up my sleeve then okay. " She said then shut the door quietly.

                                *********

Hi. Hope you're having fun reading.

I just wanted to announce that some chapters might be longer than others and that depends on how much events occur at a time.

I'm hoping no one is planning to throw a punch at me for this ***ducks*** eesh!!

Anyhoo, remember to vote as you read and drop your comments. No criticism or i'm gonna cry me a bucket of tears.

Lots of love..  xoxo😘😍🌹

DuchessRI

PS - Edited chapter