Chapter Twenty Six

Ellesmere's POV

"Do you know how to cook anything at all? "I asked crossing my legs on the couch as it bopped up and down.

"No, I never learned how. I was kinda busy fighting all my life. "He replied taking off his jacket.

"I cook only a little stuff. The easy stuff like Pasta, tacos, burritos, spaghetti, pancakes, scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, goulash, peanut butter and jelly sandwich."I said confidently.

"Well, that's a lot. I don't even know how to make a simple tea. "He chuckled softly.

I held out my left hand with my palm facing out and the right hand on my chest. "I promise I won't tell your secret. " I dropped my hands as he laughed while coming to sit close to me.

He nudged me a bit "What if you could teach me how. You know, the easy stuff. "

"Fine. I make pancakes first then peanut butter and jelly. "

"Ice cream too? "He asked with a pleading look on his face.

"what kind of ice cream? Chocolate or Vanilla? Mint chocolate chip, mountain blackberry or banana walnut? "I asked. He looked confused at the types I mentioned.

"Those are Designer Ice Cream. I'd prefer Rocky Road. " He said pulling me up as he stood. Thor knew Designer Ice cream. Wow!!.

"And we won't forget popcorn! "I reminded. It wasn't going to be fancy but I knew it was going to be good. Anything I did with him would be.

I turned and my hands ran over something soft. I opened my eyes slowly trying to put together where I was. Then it became clear, I was in a bedroom. But it wasn't mine.

What I had touched was a furry duvet, it covered my body all the way to my neck. I sat up. The room was wide with violet curtains, a large glass door gave access to the view outside. The bed was black and white with a purple duvet. A reading desk was at the far end, placed on it was a blue and white vase that held roses.

I got out of bed then I felt something around my stomach. I pulled up my Pj top, I was all bandaged up from my upper torso.
I recalled getting injured and blacking out but where was I?.

I walked toward the glass door and pulled it open. It led into a balcony with luxury chairs. I was starting to think this was Tony's house when the room door opened and Jane walked in.

"What happened? "I asked going back in the room.

She looked as if she was about to go out. She wore a black cocktail dress with panty hose and a black coat was draped over her shoulders with brown stiletto heels. She looked really good which I admitted.

"We're in Austin right now. I have to attend a gala today. Two galas in fact and I need you to get some rest and wait until I get back. "She said moving from one side of the room to another picking up stuff and placing it back.

I knew that move. She only did that when she was hiding something from me.

I looked ridiculous in my Despicable Me Pyjama bottoms and Spongebob Squarepants top. My hair was messy and had grown oddly long and looked almost golden.

"Why am I in Austin? What happened? When did I get here? I was in London sometime ago. Where's Steve and Nat and Tony and Thor? Are they alright? How long have I been here? What's going on, Jane? "

Jane held my arms as I asked her a trailer of questions. She took in a deep breath as she slowly rubbed my arms up and down.

"It's alright. I promise I'll explain everything when I get back but I really have to go now. There's a chicken in the fridge, you can heat it up if you want. And you are not allowed to leave this house till I get back. " She said the last part with a serious face.