Chapter Nineteen

Ellesmere's POV

I stopped running as soon as I got to Madison. Finding Anne was the difficult part. The goodnews was, somehow, I'd developed a new ability - Telepathy.

I recalled the last time I had a chat with Thor. I could see into his mind to an extent and immediately, I shut it off. It became stronger within minutes, I felt Red Obsessions playing with my mind. I had to shut her off too. She couldn't know what I was going to do, and she wasn't in my list of favorite Avengers.

I focused hard on all the houses. Anne wasn't an apartment building type but I heard her voice on the sixth floor. "Bingo!" I said as I walked calmly into the building.

"Throw the trash out the back Zeke, then come help me with the pie in the oven. "I heard her say as I got to her door. I looked up at the inscription above it.

AF 201.

Weird.

I wondered who her new friend Zeke was. She should have told me about him by now but then I figured she thought I was too busy to care with my new "friends".

I knocked thrice.

"Who is it?. Zeke, go get the door! "She called.
"It's the cops! " I called back faking a masculine voice. I could hear a shriek from inside . Someone fumbled with the door then reluctantly opened it.

A little boy of about eight with electric blue eyes and curly whitish blonde hair looked up at me. It was obvious he was scared as his pupils danced all over my face scanning me thoroughly. Then his gaze softened.

"You're not a cop? Where's your uniform? "He asked me as his eyebrows knotted closely in confusion.
"Zeke, Who is it? Is it the cops?" Anne asked.
He shook his head even though Anne couldn't see it.
"It's okay Kid, I'm a friend of Anne's. "I said in my normal voice.

"Elles?" I heard Anne call. The next minute she had her hands wrapped tightly around my neck. She smelled like burnt pie and paint.

"You smell weird. Who's this? " I said looking around the apartment. It was not quite like the spectacular arrangement Anne would love to have but it was okay. A couch here, a shelf there, a pressing board, some old movies in a box, Laptops and technology, Anne's crossword puzzles and a lot of other home watchamacallits.

"Good question. Let me ask you one. How did you find me cause I never told you my address? "She said pulling me to go and sit on the dull blue couch in the middle of the living room. Zeke went out probably to get the trash out leaving us alone.

"Everything is a little bit complicated but i'm telepathic now so YAY. " I said opening my arms wide at the Yay part.

"How did that happen? "Anne asked with surprised and excited look on her face.

"It started when I had a chat with Thor and the rest is history but I need you to leave. Those freaky aliens attacked the Tower. They're going to use you to get to me. I need you to go far away from here. " I said burying her right hand in mine.

She looked confused. "Wait, what? Me? What did I do wrong? And how can they know about me? I mean, what the hell is happening? "

"I asked Thor to look for Jane. I want everything sorted out. No more lies. I can help you leave, like right now. You have to move. "I said standing up but a knock on the door made me halt. Anne and I looked up simultaneously.

"Zeke, the door's open. "Anne said. The door creaked open slowly and a little lifeless body dropped to the floor. Anne shrieked loudly then covered her mouth. It was Zeke. His neck had been slit and his blue eyes were also open but had lost its colour. His body was pale almost as white as his hair. Anne sucked in sobs as i drew her to stand behind me.

Two aliens walked into the room. One of them had held Zeke's body so his hand was covered with blood. He probably had killed him.

I lit my entire body up with electric current. It blazed a bright blue like flames as it crackled fiercely. "You come any closer and i'll barbecue your alien asses. " I said with a lot of anger and sadness in my voice. Zeke was dead because of me. I felt so guilty, if I hadn't been here, the boy would've been alive.

"You were warned. Anything that comes near you would pay the price. But the master now has a better use for you. He wishes you to be the weapon he uses to destroy the Avengers. "One of them said.

"Enough talking. "I said then threw two bolts at one of them. He flew backwards and collided with the open door.
"Anne stay behind me. "I ordered as Anne ran to meet up with my movements.

The second one twirled his staff. It looked like a sceptre of some kind with a black fog hovering around the tip. I rotated my leg on the floor in a circular motion then stomped hard. The current passed rapidly around the room shocking him in the process.

The one who had hit the door came charging at me. I clapped my hands as a long spark almost like lightning struck him. I turned around, held Anne then in a flash we were out of the building. We stopped halfway through the subway.

"You can leave now. Go really far. Australia, Europe. Pick a destination. I'll meet up with you. I always do. "I said then gave her a quick hug.

"Wait, where are you going? "She asked pulling me back.

I smirked naughtily "I'm not done with barbecue." then ran back to the apartment.

The aliens were still there sitting leisurely over Zeke's body. I lit up again this time my eyes turned white, I noticed cause I felt them go cold.

"We knew you would come back. Such naivety. What are you trying to prove? That you're a hero? That you could save all of them? Even you can't save the whole world at once. " The one with the staff said walking step by step towards me.

"I can't save the world at once but we can together. Me and the Avengers can. They've done it countless times. "I said marvelling at my own words but I had to defend them anyway.

"We'll see how you do it when your mind becomes yours no longer "He said then I felt a sharp sting in my chest.

Somehow, he blurred then appeared in front of me sticking his staff to my chest. I could feel my thoughts slowly washing away, the last thing I thought of was Thor saying,

"What if he would be pleased to know you? Have you ever thought about that? ".

Then my head went totally blank.

                               **********

Poor little Zeke, I'm gonna cry!!
Please don't shoot me in the leg for making an innocent eight year old die in this part.

Me **runs and hides behind a tree **

Mob **Sabotage!! **Tie her to a tree, cut off her thumb, shove her face in a plate of rotten pasta, make her drink dirty underwear water**

Me **cries**MUMMY!! **

Mob **hand her over to Hela and have her eye plucked out,Sabotage!!**

Lol, I think i'm dreaming. I'm up now!!
Whoops! What a nightmare!  I was gonna drink underwear water .  *reeks*

Okay, moving on to the heroes in the Quinjet. Follow me let's take a peek.

Lots of love ❤❤