Chapter Twenty One

Natasha's POV

We'd been waiting for Jane for two hours and forty minutes. Her meeting was taking too long and i was bored out of my elements. Thor and i discussed the previous events at the Tower while we continued to wait.

"But i think she's quite innocent on this one. She appeared really shaken when she asked me to come look for Jane. I think they know each other." Thor suggested.

"But why give such an information at a time like that? She waited until the last minute. That makes her a suspect." I said rolling a pen on the large desk in front of me.

The reception was very large with a big glassy desk in the middle. Although, it was comfortable, i didn't feel so. Every staff in the building stared wide eyed at us like little kids seeing Santa Claus for the first time. I glared at the ones who stared for too long making them turn their gaze.

The lady behind the counter stared at the book on her desk forcefully. She also bit on her lower lip till i could see it turning red. Thor was responsible for that effect.

I chuckled a bit and Thor looked at me placing a hand on his knee as he sat.

"What's amusing?" He asked then suddenly followed my gaze towards the poor lady who dropped her eyes immediately Thor's locked with hers.

He didn't smile, he merely shook his head and gave a low rumble i thought was a laugh.

"She's suffering and it's all your fault." I said with humor dry in my tone but i think Thor still understood.

"You call Selvig and let him know i'll be in Philadelphia by tomorrow. Further research would have to wait until i get back." Jane said accompanied by two men in white shirts and black pants and three ladies quite like herself with black suit jackets, white shirts and black skirt. They each had a tag on the left side of their breast pockets.

Jane halted the minute she spotted us. Her entourage left her when they noticed us as well. The black blue haired lady made an "O" shape with her mouth then shut it. She must be a fan girl.

"Jane. Jane!! " A scream came from outside then the doors burst open. Every head in the room turned to look at the blonde haired girl with an apron over her blue stripped sweater and black jeans and boots. I recognized her at once. Anne Belcher.

"Anne? What are you doing here?" Jane asked. Her eyes would momentarily leave Anne's and lock with Thor's then mine. Anne looked panicked and as if she'd been running for miles.

"You know this girl?" I asked leaving the confusion out of my expression.

"Yeah. She's uh, a friend of mine." Jane nodded placing both hands on Anne's shoulders to keep her calm.

"Ellesmere's in trouble. They've got her. They killed him. Zeke. He was so innocent. We have to help her or they'll kill her too." She rambled on. It wasn't making any sense.

Anne looked shaken. Really shaken. There was so much fear in her eyes. Her entire body trembled wildly even Jane's comforting hug couldn't keep her still.

"Who's got her?" I asked but received no reply.

I turned to Thor.

"Steve told me she put a barrier. How is she now abducted?" Nothing made sense at that point.

I pressed the earphone in my right ear then walked a few inches away from the others.

"Steve? Steve? Steve, are you there?". No reply. There was a loud scratch over the line, i covered my other ear.

"We have to help her, Jane. We have to do something." I could hear Anne's cries even though my ears were closed. I turned briefly to look at her, Thor held her this time. Her tears were all over his brown jacket. She still shook from fear.