A Christmas Miracle

You were just finished decorating your Christmas tree, when you hear a car pull into the driveway. 'That must be Vernon,' you thought, a smile spreading across your face. This would be your first Christmas away from home, AND your first Christmas with Vernon, with whom you've been dating for nearly 8 months. He assured you that he will make this Christmas the best you've had yet. You didn't know what he meant by that, but you couldn't wait. You heard him open the door, struggling with something in his hands. You rushed to door to help him, curious of what he had gotten.

He looked up at you and smiled as he closed the door. Oh that smile was the best gift in the world to you. You walked up to him and took a few bags out of his hands, kissing him on the cheek as you do so. He slightly blushes as he follows you to the kitchen. Putting the bags on the counter, you take a peek at what's inside. You catch a glimpse of a pair of matching fabrics, a can of cookie dough, hot cocoa mix, a movie, and a holiday headband. You reach into the bag, but Hansol lightly smacks your hand away. You look at him and playfully pout, while he tries not to give in. He always gives in when you pout, or give a pair of puppy dog eyes.

Instead he digs his hand into the bag you were looking into and grabs the headband. The band had a pair of reindeer antlers, and a little bow as well. You grabbed them from him and put them on his head. He looked at you and pouted. You grabbed your phone from the counter and took a few pictures of him.

"You look so cute, Sol!" You exclaimed as he crossed his arms, turning his back to you.
"You're lucky I love you, or this wouldn't be happening." He mumbled. You wrapped your arms around him, feeling his body grow calm again. He turned in your arms and looked down at you. He then stepped out of you grip to grab the fabrics, which you can now see are matching pants with polar bears on them. You both went into separate rooms to change, and came back to the kitchen. You take out the cookie dough, grab a pan, and turn on the oven. Hansol grabs the hot cocoa packets, grabbing two mugs, and hot water.

You reach for your phone again, and start playing some christmas music as you put the cookies into the oven. Once you close the oven, 'Last Christmas' by Wham came on. You and Hansol look at each other with glee, grabbing a utensil, singing your hearts out, and dancing around your living room. The next half hour goes by in a blur as you sing until your throats are dry, and your feet hurt from jumping around. You hear the timer go off, letting you know the cookie's were done. When you pull them out, Hansol darts over, his mouth open, like he was about to suck all the cookie's off of the pan. You grabbed some whipped cream, and some candy canes for the hot cocoa.

You put the cookie's on a plate, and grabbed one of the mugs. Hansol grabbed the other mug, and the movie that was set on the counter. You take a seat on the coach, setting the cookie's on the ottoman. Hansol puts the movie into the DVD player. You see now that he brought your favorite, 'A Christmas Story', a movie that you and your family watched every year on Christmas. He turned to you and took your hand, leading you to an archway.

"Stay here," he told you, as he left you in the archway. A few minutes later he came back with something behind his back.

"Now I know that we've been together for less then a year, but I feel like it's been longer than that. And today, just being with you has made me feel better about this relationship," He said. You felt your eyes start to tear up. "So, I was hoping, " He started, pulling the box from behind his back. The box was the size of his palm, but you were still crying looking at him with love. "That you would wear this." He opened the box, and showed you a beautiful necklace with the letters 'H' and 'Y/F/I', inside of a heart. You looked up at him again, feeling the tears rush down your cheeks. You wrapped your arms around him and cried in joy. He kissed the top of your head and rubbed your back. When you parted you wiped your eyes, thanking yourself silently for not wearing makeup today.

"Of course I'll wear it, Hansol." You say, your throat sore. He helped you put it on, and turned you around again. You see him take a glimpse above the both of you, then look back at you, a smirk growing across his face. When you look up, you notice a mistletoe hanging above you. You look at him, seeing the glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Well, it is a tradition." He told you. 'He planned this.' You thought as he leaned down. You went onto your toes, reaching him halfway. the kiss was simple, but passionate. He wrapped his arms around your waist, your hands going into his hair. After a minute or two, you came apart.

He led you back to the couch and stated the movie, his arm wrapping around you, as your head found its way to his chest. You smiled, looking down at your new piece of jewelery, knowing that you would never take it off. You then looked up at Hansol, who was already looking at you.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N." He said, smiling down at you.

"Merry Christmas, Hansol." You said back, blushing slightly. He leaned in to kiss him again.

Best. Christmas. Ever.