Partners (Your Pov)

Professor
"Okay. Everyone. I have a couple of announcements."

You hear your professor say, but you pay him no attention and keep on writing in your journal. Your journal was everything to you. You let no one read it it had all your secrets, all your story's that you write, all your fears, your crushes from past years, and much more. It was your life. You write in it every chance you get. You always have since you got it as a birthday present you got when you turned 13.

Professor
"The first announcement is that there is someone new to school and the area. So please be kind. Catch him up on the stuff we have already went over."

Whispers start as soon as he said the word new.

"Is he handsome."
"I wonder if he is smart"
"Where is he from"
"Why is he joining so late"
"Is he rich"

You hear all these whispers but nothing can distract you from writing in you journal. You have been writing this one story for almost a week now. Usually you would have dropped it, thinking that it was not good.

Professor
"Come in a introduce yourself"

As soon as the door opens and clothes the whispers are now louder.

"Hes so handsome"
"Look at his style"
"Hes got to be rich. Looking like that"

??
"Hey y/n. What do you think"

You hear the girl who sits beside you say. You don't know here name because you never really talk to anyone.

Y/N
"Think about what"

The girl
"Think about that"

She says this motioning her hand and head to the front of the room. You turn your attention to the front to see. You know see what all the whispers were about. The boy was indeed flashy and handsome.

??
"My name is Song Mingi. Nice to meet you."

Professor
"Alright you can sit at the top"

The professor points to the spot above you.

The first thought you had was 'Yes'. Then you realized what you just said. 'Wait, why did I just say yes. Nope not happening I'm not gonna fall for him just because of looks.'

While you were thinking of all this you kept you eyes on him as he walked up the stairs. You of course not realizing. That is until he meets your eyes. He nods and smiles at you direction. The only thing you di was look away and start to write again out of embarrassment.

Professor
"Okay. The second announcement is that there will be a group project. Nothing serious, just a short one. I'll be picking pairs. The list will be on my door when the lesson is over with. You can do the project over anything as long as you can tie it back with the subject. Which is Chemistry if you need a reminder."

As soon as you heard the word group your head snapped up. You have never done well in groups. You either get the job talking, which you hate. Or you get the job of research, which you have to perfect.

Professor
"Is there any question before I start today's lesson."

No one answers, but you have a tone in you mind.

'Who is my partner. What if they are dumb. Hate to say but I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that. What if I get roll of speaker.'

That is all that is going through you mind. What ifs

Professor
"Okay then.

After the professor takes his leave you just sit and write in your journal all your worries that you couldn't before. As you write you hear people at the door talking about the pairing list. You decide to wait until it calms a little to go see it.

When you walk down the stairs it feels like you are going in slow motion. Once you reach the door you hear a voice.

"Guess we are partners."