Chapter 7

"No, if you would just try as hard as you can you could make it here. You could be Dauntless. Don't make a mistake, because one choice can change you." I say.

She looks back at the chasm holding on to the rails, and her feet are just barely standing on the edge.

She looks at everyone and stops on me with tears shining in her eyes. She shakes her head at me and says

" I'm sorry" She closes her eyes and leans back. As she falls she spreads her arms out waiting to hit.

Everyone stands there in shock.

Earlier that day-

Tris pov:

Inhale. Exhale. Release.

Ariana's eyes are squeezed shut as the knife barely grazes her ear.

She opens her eyes and glares at me.

I smirk and say " Okay, you guys are dismissed, maybe tomorrow we will have to go back to 1st grade and learn how to keep your mouths shut." Ariana rolls her eyes and the initiates walk out of the training room.

Tobias walks up to me and says

"Hey did you see the look on-" I see Erin sneak away from the group of initiates and go down a dark hallway.

" Hold that thought." I say as I run out of the room and quietly follow her.

She walks into a room that holds supplies and walks to a drawer and pulls out a little box and sits down at a rectangular table. She slowly lifts the lid from the box and what I see is shocking. Abnegation robes. She takes them out carefully as if they were glass, and smoothed them out. Then it clicks. Erin is not Amity.

"Yo- You were from Abnegation." I say.

She looks back at me shocked and says

" Six, I am so sorry it's just-" I cut her off " Erin. Explain. Now." She nods and sits. I sit down across from her and she starts " Well I'm originally from Abnegation and I...well I'm 21. At my choosing ceremony I chose Abnegation. But, I happened to overhear Andrew Prior and Marcus Eaton plotting to kill a 3 people. I no longer felt safe in abnegation, so I snuck off to Amity, where my brother transferred. I knew he would allow me to stay in his home. After spending four years there, I decided I did not belong in Amity. I always watched the Dauntless and wanted to be like them. So, basically the rest of the time, up until initiation, my brother and I made me look sixteen and hacked the computers and changed my records." I nod my head in understanding.

"Wait, Erin is not an Abnegation name, so what's your real name?" I ask.

" Oh it's Susan."

Then it all hit me like a ton of bricks.

Tears automatically start falling down my cheeks. " Oh my! Did I say something to upset you!" I shake my head laughing. I grab her arm and pull her down the halls. When I see Four I purposely bump into him.

" Sorry Four! I wasn't watching where I was going!" I say. "That's alright Six." He replies smiling at me. I smile back.

" Um, I have to go! I'll see ya later!" I say and look at Susan who is standing beside me with tears in her eyes as she catches on.

" That's Tobias Eaton, the Erudite are always talking about him and his dad, but I don't know what about." Susan says smiling as tears pour down her cheeks. " Ya he is really nice." I reply still crying.

"He's cute." She says.

"He's different." I say.

" Bea" she cries.

"Susan" I cry.

We embrace each other in a hug whaling.

Tobias just stands there watching us cry loudly until he finally breaks the silence. " Will someone explain what just happened. we laugh and turn towards him. " Tobias, it's a long story, but-"

"Tris you just said my name!" He exclaims.

" You just said mine! And anyways she knows both our names. So like I was saying, it's a long story, but this is Susan!" I say. " Susan!!!" He exclaims like a little girl and hugs her. They weren't as close as I was with Tobias, but they were still good friends.

"Yay! The Abnegation buddies are back together again!" Tobias exclaims. We roll our eyes and laugh until we hear a slow clapping behind us. We turn around and see all of the initiates behind is with shocked expressions while Damion is at the front of the group clapping and smirking.

" So, I see You're ALL stiffs. And

Er- Susan is you twos friend. Now you guys are just going to make sure she stays here. That would be unfair, because I mean look at her. She could never make it here." Susan runs away and I know exactly where she is going. No. She can't.

We chase after her and when we get there she is already on the other side of the railing.

"No, if you would just try as hard as you can you could make it here. You could be Dauntless. Don't make a mistake, because one choice can change you." I say.

She looks back at the chasm holding on to the rails, and her feet are just barely standing on the edge.

She looks at everyone and stops on me with tears shining in her eyes. She shakes her head at me and says

" I'm sorry" She closes her eyes and leans back. As she falls she spreads her arms out waiting to hit.

Everyone stands there in shock.

"SUSAAAAANNNNN!" I scream running to the edge trying to climb over. " No, you can't." Four says as he pulls me back, but I just keep fighting him. I stop and look at Damion. I pull away from Four and attack Damion.

He is on the ground and I am clawing at his face. " THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! SHE'S DEAD ALL BECAUSE OF YOU! I OUTTA-" I feel a sting in my neck and my eyes roll back as I pass out from whatever they put in me.

Before I am gone I hear

" It's gonna be okay."

No it's not.

Hey initiates! Just to let you know updates are not going to be everyday. More like once a week, just so ya know.

QOTD: Are you a boy or girl?

My answer: Girl

Remember to be eaton that cake!