1. pizza

The war with Gaea was extremely tough on your family.

Your stepbrother went missing for months. He was kidnapped by Hera, and then he had to fight in the war.

Your stepbrother's name is Percy, and he's a notorious demigod and resident idiot. The war with Gaea wasn't the first Greek myth war he was in, and you hate to say it might not be his last.

Your stepmom Sally was stressed, your dad Paul was stressed, your brother's girlfriend Annabeth was stressed, and so were you.

But Percy came home, and everything was okay for now.

It's been a while since the war, about a year and the demigods you know are doing fine.

In all honesty, they shouldn't be. Percy and Annabeth, it had been recounted to you, fell into Tartarus, which you've heard is pretty scary.

But right now, everything was good. Percy was in his room studying, and you were listening to music.

Someone knocked on your doorframe. You pulled your earbuds out and looked up to see Percy.

"Hey," he said. "I gotta get out of the house, and a couple of my friends were gonna go meet at that pizza place we went to a week ago. Wanna tag along?"

You half-smiled. "You sure you want your annoying sister in the same room with your friends?"

He smiled back. "What else are you gonna do, (Y/N)?"

You pursed your lips. "Good point."

You didn't have any friends, aside from a close acquaintance in Annabeth. You two got close when Percy was gone, but she hasn't talked to you much since, besides the occasional hey when she stopped by the house.

Percy knew that you weren't really popular at school. Nobody made fun of you or anything, they just didn't care enough to glance your way. He always made an effort to make you feel like you had some friends, though.

You stood, standing a lot shorter than Percy. You looked up at him. "Let's go, then, I guess."

He smiled. "Alright, little sis."

"We're the same age."

"And yet, you're still little."

You rolled your eyes and walked to the car.

You got in and slung your feet up on the dash.

Percy started the car. "Feet. Down."

"You sound like Dad," you grumbled, putting your feet down.

He started driving.

You tapped on your legs. "So... how's life?"

Percy laughed. "Better."

"And Annabeth, how's she?" you asked.

"She's doing good," he replied.

"What about Rachel? I miss her," you said softly.

He laughed. "Then hang out with her."

"She does not have the time for me," you said. "She's always at camp."

"Then go visit her at camp?" Percy furrowed his eyebrows.

You rubbed your arm. "I don't know, am I even allowed? I'm, like, a mortal and stuff."

"So's Rachel," he shrugged.

"But she's the Oracle," you said. "She's affiliated with the Greek stuff."

Percy smiled. "They're not gonna lock you out or whatever. Well, maybe Clarisse, but that's it."

You shrugged. "Maybe. Next time you go, can I come with?"