3. getting kicked out of walmart

A few hours of waiting and eating snacks later, it was nearly nine and everyone decided to go ahead and go to sleep. You found a small area in a small corner, next to some teddy bears.

"I'm sleeping here," you said.

Leo picked a spot not that far from there, and Jason picked a spot not far from that. Percy and Annabeth were staying a couple of aisles over.

You shut your eyes and went to sleep.

A few minutes later, you woke up to halfway-sobs.

You looked around. Your eyes landed on Leo.

He was curled up into himself, covering his mouth. He looked awful. You knew demigods sometimes had bad and weird dreams. You wanted to comfort him, but it felt kinda personal and you barely knew Leo at all.

"Leo," you said. He looked up.

He coughed. "I, uh, got something in my eye."

He wiped his eyes. "See? All better."

He turned away from you.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Do you wanna talk?"

He cleared his throat. "I'm fine, really. I swear, (Y/N)."

"I'm a good listener," you said softly.

He sighed heavily. "I just... I just got dumped. It's stupid that I'm still freakin' crying over it, but... you know how it is."

"It's not dumb," you said, crawling over next to him. "Breakups hurt and they suck."

Leo laughed without humor. "You're tellin' me."

"Look," you mumbled. "She was probably dumb or something. I don't know you that well, but you're pretty cool, Leo."

His eyes widened just a little, and his eyebrows rose up. "Huh?"

"I think that any girl would be lucky to have you," you said. "I mean, I just met you or whatever, but you seem like a great guy."

He smiled. "Thanks, (Y/N). Sorry you had to see... all that. You know."

"Don't mention it," you replied. "Honestly, you'll probably see me cry sooner or later."

A Walmart employee came around the corner. "Gah, not this again. Kids, get out!"

Jason woke up. "Huh?"

"Yeah," the employee nodded. "All of you. Skedaddle. You're kicked out."

You got up and gathered your blankets. Leo stood up too, looking down at you.

"Ugh," Jason said groggily. "D'you think Percy and Annabeth got kicked out already?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. I can call Sally."

Jason shook his head. "She probably went to sleep already. We could drop you off at your apartment."

You nodded. "Sure."

All of you gathered up your stuff and some of the snacks and went to the car.

You got in the back seat and buckled your seatbelt, waiting for Leo and Jason. You yawned, hugging a pillow.

Leo got in the car. "Don't go to sleep."

You frowned. "I'm not."

"Liar," he said.

You started drifting off when Leo opened the car door and shut it loudly. He got in the back seat with you.

"Stay awake," he said loudly.