7. date

You got in Percy's car the next day. You were gonna drive to camp and see someone. It didn't matter who.

When you got there, you got a few stares from campers. You crossed your arms and kept walking. You bumped into Jason.

"Um, hey," he said, gripping your shoulder. "Funny story, the whole camp is talking about you."

"Huh?" you tilted your head.

Jason nodded. "Yeah. You and Leo, and then Percy-"

"That," you said. "Okay, what are they saying?"

"Mostly how they didn't know you and Leo were together," Jason replied.

"We're not," you told him.

He blinked. "What? I'm confused."

"It was a ploy," you explained. "To get him and Calypso back together. Did it work?"

Jason shook his head. "No. Leo's been in the bunker since Percy showed up."

"Take me to him," you said.

The two of you walked to bunker 9 to find Leo inside, working on something.

You knocked on the doorframe. "Hey."

Leo looked up. "Thought Aquaman killed you. Good news-- we're the most famous couple in Camp Half-blood!"

"I'm sorry," you said. "I thought my plan would work."

He shrugged. "It's fine. I didn't really expect it to. No plans work when I'm involved."

"Then why'd you go through with it?"

He smiled softly and shrugged. "Felt nice to be flirted with again, I guess."

You blushed.

Jason slowly left the bunker.

"Well," you said. "It's over then, I guess. No more Calypso and Leo."

Leo nodded. "I don't need her. I'm okay on my own."

You sat down in a chair. "I agree."

He looked over at you and smiled.

You felt nervous, so you just sat there. "I'm sorry about my brother, too."

"It's fine," Leo said. "I get it. He's protective."

"By which you mean a total weirdo," you laughed. "I can't believe he did that. I didn't even tell him I was coming here. But I had to see you after..."

Leo laughed softly. "After the kiss?"

Your face darkened. "Yeah. That. It was... kinda my first kiss."

Leo raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah."

He hummed. "Was it good?"

"I don't know," you said softly. "I have nothing to compare it to."

"Did it feel like a first kiss?" Leo asked.

You shrugged.

"Wanna do it again?" he asked. He turned around to see your face, which was burning red.

"I, uh, um, I-" you groaned, putting your face in your hands. Your heart was beating out of your chest.

He laughed. "Relax, I'm kidding."

"Why'd you have to ask that?" you muttered softly.

"Why'd you have to blush?" Leo retorted, with a smile that made you blush harder.

You hid your face again. "Stop it."

"Why? I'm just getting started."

You were so embarrassed that your eyes started watering. "Leo-"

"Yes, baby?" he said with a wink.

"Leo!" you yelled, not hiding your blush or your tears. "Please stop!"

He softened and furrowed his eyebrows. "(Y/N), wh-what's wrong?"

You just let the tears flow down and crossed your arms. "Nothing, it's just... I'm in a confusing place right now, and-"

"Hey," he said softly, touching your arms with his warm hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's not your fault I'm a mess," you laughed without humor and sniffed. He wiped the tears on your cheeks off.

"But I wasn't making it better," he said and hugged you. "So, I'm sorry."

You tried not to cry into his shoulder. Percy was right, you shouldn't have come here.

You pulled away and wiped your eyes. "I'm gonna go, okay?"

Leo frowned and nodded. "Okay. Take it easy, and you know where to find me."

You walked back to camp and happened to pass by the training area. A shirtless Connor Stoll was sword-fighting a dummy.

You stopped to watch. You always loved watching sword fights, ever since you were a kid.

He noticed you staring and stopped. "Like the view?"

"I like your sword," you replied.

"Is that some kind of slang?" he asked, smiling mischievously.

You laughed. He walked over.

"You look good," he said. "Last time I got a good look at you was after Manhattan."

"I don't remember us talking after that," you said.

"We didn't," he told you. "But I still looked at you."

You smiled a little.

"Where's Valdez?" Connor asked. "You know, your boyfriend?"

"I'm not dating Leo," you replied. "He's just my friend."

"Your friend that you kissed," Connor pointed out.

You shrugged. "Long story."

"Well, since you're not dating Valdez, then you're single?" he asked, blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

You nodded. "Yeah."

He sighed. "I was too chicken to do this after Manhattan, and I'm still kinda nervous now. I'm just gonna go ahead."

You smiled at him.

"Do you wanna go out sometime?" Connor asked. "Ever since I saw you, I've wanted to ask that."

You considered, looking up at him. Tall, cute, funny, with pretty eyes.

"Yeah," you said. "I'd actually really like that."

"Great," he said. "How about tomorrow? There are gonna be fireworks."

"See you then," you said.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to date right now, but maybe something fun was just what you needed.