2. toy aisle

Somehow, you ended up in a car with Jason and Leo, while Annabeth and Percy were in the other car.

"So..." Leo started in an awkward attempt to make conversation. "You're a Poseidon kid?"

You almost laughed at the thought of you being a demigod. "No, I'm Percy's stepsister. His mom is married to my dad. I'm mortal."

Leo raised an eyebrow. "Mortal. Huh. How long have you known about... all this?"

"Since..." you relayed the numbers in your head. "Right before the Titan War, I think."

Leo nodded. "Cool, cool."

"You're one of the seven, right?" you asked him.

He smiled. "Yeah."

"And I think my brother mentioned something about a dragon?" you asked. "Festus?"

He nodded. "Mhm."

"That's pretty cool," you replied.

"You ever been to Camp Half-Blood?" he asked.

You shrugged. "I mean, kinda. I stood on the edges of it waiting for Percy once. It's beautiful."

Leo nodded. "Sure is. You should stop by sometime. I'm there all the time, so..."

Jason raised an eyebrow, smiling a little.

You smiled. "Oh, for sure. Me and Percy were actually just talking about me visiting a little more. I'm pretty sure he just thinks I have no friends."

"Aquaman thinks you're a shut-in?" Leo asked. "Jason over here thinks the same about me."

Jason rolled his eyes. "I didn't say you were a shut-in, Leo. I just said it'd be good for you to get out of camp for a while. And look, it was."

"Whatever," Leo said.

"The term you're looking for is thank you, Jason, you're such a good friend," Jason replied.

You laughed, finally not feeling like an outcast for once in your life.

"Aw, don't laugh at him," Leo said. "He's not even funny."

"I am funny!" Jason said defensively.

"No way, tell him, (Y/N)," Leo said, turning around to look at you with a mischievous smile.

Oh, wow, he is kinda cute. You shrugged. "I don't-- I'm not taking sides."

Leo smirked. "What she means is that Leo's way funnier and she doesn't wanna hurt Jason's feelings."

Jason pulled into the Walmart parking lot. "Okay, Leo, I surrender."

Leo jumped out of the car once it was parked. Jason turned around to look at you. You blushed.

"Hey," Jason said.

"Hi," you replied.

"That is... the happiest I've seen Leo in months," Jason smiled. "I don't know if it's the pizza, or the fresh air, but he hasn't acted like that around me for months. I just wanna say that you really should visit Camp Half-Blood soon."

He got out of the car, and so did you. You smiled. Nobody except Percy has ever asked you to do anything anywhere, and now people are actually acting like they're your friends?

It was a good feeling.

Everyone met in the front of Walmart.

"Okay," Percy said. "Me and Annabeth are getting snacks. Jason, get a bunch of pillows and blankets. Leo and (Y/N), go and scout out a place to hide. We reconvene here at 3. Go, team, go."