Saving magic

"What do I have to do?" Henry asked a nervous but determined expression on his face. 

"You must give me your heart, Henry." Well, that couldn't have sounded creepier.  "The heart of the truest believer."

"You mean-" Henry sounded confused like Pan was joking with him.

"No, Henry," Pan chuckled, "I mean, you need to give me your heart." 

"But... what will happen to me?" Henry asked worriedly. 

"Well, you'll become the greatest of all heroes," Pan told him trying to make it sound exciting. 

"You can get me the truth," Henry said now sounding calmer, "I know all magic comes with a price. Saving it must come with a price too." 

"I would never lie to you, Henry. I mean you're right, there is a price." You could basically hear the cogs working in Pan's brain trying to think up something.

"You have to stay here on the island with me and Y/N. Neverland will become your new home. I know it's a huge sacrifice, but isn't it worth it?" 

"Heroes have to make sacrifices all the time, my family taught me that." From what Henry was saying it was impossible to tell which way he was leaning.

 "They'd be proud if they could see you now because you're about to save them all," you breathed quietly but loud enough for everyone to hear. 

"Now are you ready?" Pan asked his eyes glancing over at you looking very weak. 

"Yes," Henry replied. 

"Then, let me help you," Pan said taking Henry's hand and enchanting it until it glowed red slightly. 

Henry looked up at Pan, who nodded encouragingly. Then he stuck his hand into his chest with a horrible squishing noise. His face showed signed of pain as he pulled out his heart. It was glowing gold, he was the truest believer. 

"HENRY, WAIT!" Came Neal's voice. You turned and saw Neal, Emma and Regina running up the stairs and towards Henry. 

"Whatever Pan's tell you to do, don't do it," he continued to warn. 

"Dad? You're alive?" Henry questioned.

In the chaos, Pan gave you a worried look which you mirrored back to him, this could go two ways. Emma and Regina gave you a weird look, they clearly didn't expect you to look so weak and broken. Neal, on the other hand, didn't spot you all his focus was on Henry. 

"I am, buddy," Neal answered, "And you need to listen to me. Pan is lying to you."

"Oh, a pleasure to see you too Baelfire, not to mention the Saviour and the Evil Queen,  " Pan muttered sarcastically. 

"Henry," Emma said gently, "You need to get away from him now. He's trying to hurt you."

"No," Henry disagreed, "The heart of the Truest Believer. It's what's gonna save magic. It's gonna save all of you, and Y/N." 

"No, it's not," Regina said for the first time. "This was never about magic, Henry. You have to believe us. The only thing Pan is interested in saving is himself." 

"That's not true," Henry pleaded with her. Technically he was right, Pan had other intentions with this plan. 

"Of course it isn't," Pan sided with Henry walking in front of him and making a physical barrier between Henry and his family. 

"Yes, it is," Neal urged, "Pan can't live without you dying. If you give him your heart, it's gonna kill you." 

"They're trying to stem your belief, Henry. But don't let them. Remember-" he put his hand on Henry's shoulder, "Every hero gets tested." 

"Henry..." Emma sighed, "I know what being a hero looks like, and this isn't it."

"Why would they lie?" Henry begged Pan.

"Because they don't believe in you, Henry," You breathed weakly, "They don't think you're good enough." 

"Your parents don't care about Neverland, Henry. They know if you give your heart to save it  then you'll have to stay." Pan walked around the outside of Henry to face the group again. "They're being selfish because they don't wanna lose you." 

When Pan finished his sentence your vision went black and you collapsed sideways off your rock. Ayra and Felix both knelt down quickly next to you, "Y/N, come on stay with us." Ayra begged a worried look on her face. You snapped your eyes again but didn't get back up. The saviour group looked at you confused, they had no idea what was going on.

"We don't have any more time, Henry." Pan urged him a worried hint in his voice. 

"Henry, you have to trust us," Emma said leaning forward slightly. 

"Trust?" Pan burst out annoyed, "Me and Y/N are the only ones who have ever been honest to you. The only ones who ever believed in you. This is your choice, not theirs." 

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Pan looked at you with a worried expression, you had just minutes remaining. 

"You have to choose now. We're running out of time." 

"We believe in you, Henry," Neal said slowly and deliberately.

Your vision was going black...

"Because we love you," Emma added. 

The world around you was becoming darker...

"More than anything," Regina added last. 

You could feel your heartbeat getting slower and slower...

"I love you, too." 

Henry's voice was becoming distant as it echoed around your head... 

"But I have to save magic. I'm sorry." 

The voices of the three adults trying to stop Henry had faded until you couldn't hear them. 

The world was moving in slow motion, a green magic wave passed over you, Ayra and Felix were shouting. Your eyes closed and your body went limp. 

Ayra's POV

I looked down at Y/N and saw her eyes were closed and she was very pale.

"Pan!" Felix yelled to get his attention.

"No, Y/N," I breathed feeling tears welling up in my eyes I couldn't lose her we had been together since the start. She was my best friend and my sister. I needed her. 

I looked over at Pan and saw him standing there, his eyes were glowing dangerously and his hair was blowing slightly. He was enjoying the feeling of power circulating around his body given to him by Henry's heart. I was worried that he would enjoy it too much and not give it to Y/N. 

But the minute his eyes found the body of his lover he snapped out of his trance and ran to her side. He knelt down and instantly ripped Henry's heart out of his body he looked at the glowing, golden organ one last time before forcing it into Y/N's breathless chest. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Emma, Regina and Neal by Henry's body looking confused at why Pan had put Henry's heart in Y/N. But we ignored them.

There was a tense silence as we stared at Y/N, she hadn't twitched an eyelid, started breathing or even wiggled a finger she hadn't done anything. 

"Please don't be dead," Pan pleaded into the silence... 

AHHHHHHH cliffhanger!!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter you know what to do if you did. 

What do you guys think will happen in the next chapter? 
Haha, tbh you will all find out soon because I think I'll double update tonight because I'm in a good mood. Thank you for reading!

Lotta love 
AFG