Unpredictable

"Please don't be dead," Peter pleaded into the silence... 

You felt the sudden urge to cough, the lack of air in your lungs made you feel like you were suffocating. You snapped your eyes open and took a deep breath coughing and spluttering. You rolled onto your side then up onto your knees to open your chest out making it easier to gulp oxygen in more rapidly. 

"Y/N," Ayra breathed out of relief next to you, you smiled as she hugged you, "Don't you ever nearly die on me again." Felix and Pan bother chuckled next to you, they both looked relieved but didn't show it as much as Ayra. 

"Almost thought we lost you for a second there," Felix joked making you laugh weakly. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily," you retorted sassily smirking. 

Then your eyes clapped on Peter's. He still looked tired but a little stronger because he was no longer keeping you alive. You didn't need to say anything, you just leaned forward and kissed him passionately to which he responded just as passionately. 

"Sorry, but what the heck is going on?" Came Regina's angry voice not sounding very sorry and ruining the moment. You looked around and saw the adults kneeling down by Henry's body with looks of surprise and confusion on their faces. 

"I thought Pan was going to get Henry's heart to make himself more powerful," Emma said looking at you with utter confusion on her face. 

"Well, that was the original plan," you confirmed getting to your feet and leaning on the cave wall. 

"So what's happening? What's wrong with Henry?" Neal asked standing up and eyeing you closely. 

"It's complicated," you said with a light amount of sass. 

"You better start talking," Regina threatened creating a fireball with her hand.  

"What you going to do?" you challenged standing up straight, "Do I need to remind you that I have your son's heart beating in my chest and, as of now, I am the most powerful person here?" 

She didn't look happy about it but she still backed down. You smirked slightly then turned to Neal, "And to answer your question; I'll give you the shortened version. I'm dying and with my time alive disappearing rapidly we came up with the idea that instead of going with the original plan I get his heart instead of Peter. Henry will be alright by the way." You finished as an afterthought. 

"Why?" Neal continued to fire questions, "Since when have you cared about anyone else but yourself?" He directed at Pan. 

"I love her, I'd do anything to keep her safe. I'm sure you understand that Neal," Peter replied coolly. 

"Someone as evil as you has no capability of loving," Regina snapped. 

"No offence your majesty," Peter mock bowed, "But didn't you love once, a long time ago. We thought you would understand our situation better than anyone." 

You expected her to snap at this comment but instead, her eyes softened slightly. It was like she was sympathetic towards you, she understood what Peter was saying. You could sense her anger was fading. If you didn't have Henry's heart in you, you wouldn't have understood why but, because you did, you could feel that he loved her. He saw there was hope in her when no one else did.  

"So, you aren't going to kill us all?" Emma checked. 

"We don't want to fight you," You nodded, "If anything we need your help."

"Why should we help you? You've driven us crazy through this whole time on Neverland and all the problems you caused before now. What's changed?" Regina asked her expression calmer and her arm folded. 

There was a pause, you didn't know what to say that would make this better for yourselves. It was true, you didn't want to hurt or fight them and you didn't think Peter did either. 

"If we really wanted to kill you, wouldn't we have done it by now?" Peter asked simply, "We aren't asking you to become friends with us or forgive us. We just need your help." 

"We might consider helping you if you put Henry's heart back," Neal said forcefully. 

"If we take Henry's heart out of Y/N even for a second, she'll die," Peter explained. 

"How come?" Emma asked curiously.

"Because I wasn't born or cursed to have magic so I can't my power. It faded and left me, as did the power that was keeping me young so I was dying. Henry's heart is the only thing keeping me alive, and Peter is the only reason Henry is still alive," you paused, "If we wanted Henry dead, he would be."  

"So," Neal started trying to wrap his head around the situation, "Henry's heart is keeping you alive?" You nodded, "But we don't want you alive, so why don't you just give it back?"

"Because then, Baelfire," Pan snapped at him slightly, "Then I would have a reason to kill all of you." You placed your hand gently on Peter's chest and he relaxed turning his head towards you exposing his sharp jawline. It looked so good. 

"Well, I wasn't expecting this," Emma sighed almost laughing despite the situation, "The four of you are the most unpredictable people ever." You glanced at Felix, Ayra and Peter who were stood around you and smiled slightly at them. This was a very strange situation.

The rescue team wanted to get Henry back and get off the island, however, Henry's heart was in you and you knew Peter would refuse to give it back until they helped you come up with another way of keeping you alive... Yep, unpredictable. 

"Where's my father?" Neal asked realising Rumple wasn't present. 

"Here," Peter moved and picked up Pandora's box. He threw it to Neal who wasn't surprised Peter was giving it over so willingly. 

"Just don't let him out yet, he might be a bit angry." Regina sniggered slightly as if she was dying to find out what Rumple would have been like. 

"Shall we, um. Go back to the main island so we can talk to the others?" Emma suggested to Neal and Regina who nodded then she looked at you. "From the way you've all been acting and talking it sounds like you need help and want to put this whole business behind you. If you are serious then you won't object to coming with us." 

You nodded, you were prepared to try and figure something out if they were, "Ayra, Felix take the other boat back there should be plenty for everyone." Then you turned to Peter, "I dunno about you but I haven't flown in a while and I want to have some fun." He nodded instantly in agreement and the two of you walked to the gaps in the cave wall that looked like the eyes of a skull from the outside. 

"Wait, how do we know you won't take off?" Neal asked suspiciously. 
"Because we're serious about making this work, Neal." You told him looking steadily into his eyes, "Guess you'll just have to trust us." You saluted with two fingers and rose into the air as high as you possibly could. 

You were as high as the clouds and you started getting cold but you didn't come down. You marvelled at the feeling of flying again, you missed it so much. You gazed at the moon, maybe this could work, maybe you could change your path.  

HEHE, PLOT TWIST!!! 
Bet no one expected that. Hope you enjoyed the double update I promised and thank you for reading. Comment, vote, follow all that jazz and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Lotta love
AFG