03.

"The Great Hall"

THE HALL BOOMED with life. Students stuffed their faces with food, teachers held civilised conversation and a certain group of friends argued. 

"No, Em. I definitely don't think there's any aliens going to hogwarts."

Janice looked up at her friends, "I'm with Em, you never know." 

Lily gave her a stern glare and she raised her hands in defence. "Yeah, I didn't believe in witches and wizards before I found out I was one", Emmeline Vance pointed out. 

Lily couldn't help but nod in agreement, as much as she hated it. Marlene and Janice couldn't relate to their muggleborn friends as Marlene was a pureblood and Janice was halfblood.

"I'm going to need a nap after this", Janice groaned, her mouth full of food.Chuckles from the people beside them caught the girls attention as they looked over to find the biggest trouble makers in hogwarts. 

Sirius Black was seated beside Janice and he patted her back, "You can do this, Jan."

Her mouth still filled with food, she laughed. From opposite Black, Remus Lupin chuckled and their feet seemed to meet, once again, from under the table. Their eyes met for a second and , yet again, neither of them moved their legs.

As Janice had just managed to finish her main course, the puddings came out. A groan escaped her lips as the people around her laughed.

Remus turned to her and asked, "Half a pasty with me, Jan? I don't think i could manage a full one."

Janice nodded in agreement, "Yeah, sure."

Remus broke the pasty in half and handed her a piece. "Cheers", she muttered as she had already began choking it down.

Peter laughed, "you know, for someone who's stuffed, you don't hesitate to eat more."

"Can't let it go to waste, Pete."

Janice rolled her head back and groaned up at the starry ceiling. Oh God, the drama.
"I know i said i was stuffed before but now i really am."

"Might need a forklift to carry you back to the tower, J", James joked. 

Janice let out a chuckle, her head now held in her hands on the table, "Or the unit that is Remus Lupin."

Laughter erupted on the table and Janice shot Remus a look from her position. He offered her a close lipped smile in return.

Sirius tried to move his foot in some sort of strange kick in an attempt to annoy Remus but, instead of digging his foot into Remus' calf, he felt a significantly smaller foot on top of another. Janice quickly pulled her foot away and found something extremely interesting on the other side of the floor as Sirius glanced between the two in confusion. Jan refused to turn back towards the boys until she was certain that her face was no longer the same colour as her tie.

"Right", Marlene spoke up, slapping her hand down onto her thighs, "i reckon it's time to get back up to the common room"

"Uggghhhhh", Janice groaned and lay her head down on the, now cleaned, table. 

Sirius turned towards her, "what's the matter with you now?"

"Can't move. Food baby", she managed to squeak out with her face pressed against the wood.

"Well, seeing as you think I'm such a huge unit, I guess I'll have to manoeuvre you."

Janice looked up and held back her giggles, "I never said you were huge, Rem."

Remus tried his hardest to help Janice get back to the gryffindor tower without lifting her but the groan that escaped her lips at the bottom of the moving staircase couldn't stop him. In one swift movement, Remus swooped Jan up and threw her over his shoulder. Both Janice and their friends erupted into laughter and howled at the sight of them.