16.

"The Gryffindor Girls Dormitory"

"IT'S TIME, LADIES," Marlene called as she entered the dorm clutching parchment, a quill and ink. Jan grinned at her best friend and settled into a comfortable position on the small sofa beside Lily.

"Are we sure that this is a good idea, you know, considering recent events," Emmeline asked apprehensively. 

Marlene simply laughed and shook her head as if Em had asked a completely daft question, she sat herself down in the centre of the floor and began to write the year and the title The Fit List. "Right, suggestions please girls."

"What about the ravenclaw beater?" Lily said as she swung her legs over Jan's lap.

Marlene looked up with an open mouth, "The one with the teeth?"

"Merlin, no. The other one."

Jan knew who she was on about, he was a fairly good looking chap but was he good enough for the fit list? "Charlie Jones?"

"Yeah, I'll pop him down as a maybe."

"Regulus Black?"

Jan's eyes widened, "Maybe not this year, Emz."

The girls offered their various suggestions until they had a comprehensive list to sort through.

"What about Remus?" Janice proposed.

"Not a bad idea, J."

The girls had narrowed it down to a few names, some considerably better than others in Jan's opinion. "I still think that Remus should be higher up, if not first."

"First!? I mean, yeah he's cute but is he the best looking lad at hogwarts?" Lily questioned. 

Janice shrunk back into her seat, "I think he could be, yeah."

"Right well theres only one way to settle it then," Marlene prosed, "Lets go have a look at the boy wonder for ourselves."

The girls shared hesitant glances as Marls marched them down to the common room where their friends were gathered round the fire. Remus was dressed in a jumper similar to the one that his mother knitted Janice for Christmas and he was covered in a cosy blanket. 

"Good evening, boys," Marlene greeted the group. 

Remus smiled up at Jan and patted the space beside him; she returned the smile and took a seat, his arm placed on the back of the sofa behind her. "Thought it was girls night?" he asked them, "We were under very strict instructions not to enter your dormitory." Remus raised his eyebrows at Lily who had been very concerned about them figuring out what they  had planned for the evening.

"Missed you all too much," Emmeline joked from beside Peter and James. 

Remus nudged Janice and grinned down at her smugly, "That right, J?"

She scoffed with a smile, "You wish."

The gang got to talking for a while before Sirius raised the question, "Do you mind if I have a fag?"

He was met with a chorus of 'no's as he stood up and walked towards the window. Uninterested, Jan turned back to playing with the blanket she was sharing with Remus. She glanced up only to find that something had seized all of the girls attention - she followed their stares. 

Sirius was sitting on the window seat, he had lit his cigarette and took it to his mouth after licking his lips. He inhaled heavily, his eyes fluttering shut as he tipped his head back and rested his crown on the window frame. When he exhaled, the smoke rose and curled above his face and his jaw outstretched. Janice became livid, how was Remus ever going to be number one when Sirius was pulling stunts like that?