1

The fear had just settled in for Hermione. What did Bellatrix want with her? She couldn't help but to think back to her previous encounters with the older witch.

" She's not as bad as she acts. She's extremely devastated right now. The man she loved died... My aunt can't really comprehend emotions," Draco rambles mindlessly to Hermione.

" I don't care what she feels or what she wants from me. Just let me go please," the girl was getting angry but more than anything desperate.

" Hermione, I'd love to let you go. I fucked up and joined the wrong side. If I were to let you go then they'd kill me," Draco was so much more desperate than Hermione. He wanted her to give him some type of way out.

Hermione was searching her brain. Every inch of it for a plan to get out," Draco...What if you and I ran away together?"

Draco looked at the young witch like she was crazy," I know it sounds like a bad plan, but hear me out. Look, we both have things we'd like to get away from and it's hard to escape them by yourself. If we were to run away together we'd have a greater chance of survival. If we could...."

Hermione found herself screaming in pain. She collapsed in Draco's arms after being hit with a very powerful crucio. Unlike Molly's, this feeling was all too familiar. Although unbearable, there was a part of Hermione that was...happy? Happy that the curse was from someone she would expect it to come from.

" Oh little mudblood, I thought you were supposed to be smart. My dear nephew would never dream of betraying me," Bellatrix inched closer while not releasing the spell.

She finally relented and Hermione let out a sigh of relief. It took a minute for Hermione to contain herself before she pushed herself out of Draco's arms and sent a nasty glare towards Bellatrix.

The older witch sent a twisted smile back at the younger girl. She waved off her nephew as to dismiss him, to which he eagerly complied leaving the two witches alone.

" What do you want from me?" Hermione asked, her voice strong but her body and mind weak.

Bellatrix put on a pout before moving closer to Hermione," Maybe I just wanted to see my favorite filthy little mudblood." Hermione held her ground while a million things played in her mind. The most shocking thought being I'm her favorite.

She didn't back away as the older woman closed almost all the space between them but by now her features displayed her fright," Don't be scared Muddy things are less fun when you drop your act."

" Bellatrix, what exactly is it that you want from me? I have nothing left. No family, no friends, no hope, and barely any life left in me," Hermione's desperation shining through in her sentence only tickled the older witch.

In a flash Bellatrix was scowling at the girl with her hand wrapped tightly around Hermione's throat," YOU HAVE NOTHING? THAT'S NOT HOW I SEE IT MUDDY. YOUR SIDE WON THE BATTLE. YOUR FRIENDS ARE ALIVE. YOUR LITTLE WEASLEY BOYFRIEND IS ALIVE WHILE MY LORD IS DEAD. HE IS DEAD AND IT'S THE FAULT OF YOUR FRIENDS. THEY KILLED HIM. They killed him. The only man in the world that understood me and they took him away."

Hermione didn't know what to do. Bellatrix was angry not even a minute ago and now she was crying about the death of Lord Voldemort. All she knew was she didn't like seeing the older witch upset. Bellatrix was never upset even in the midst of Battle she was a happy tortured soul.

" Stop crying," the words left Hermione's mouth before she had the chance to think. The instant regret hit her as Bellatrix did. She held her cheek trying to soothe the stinging sensation.

" How dare you speak to me like that? Bellatrix started but Hermione didn't let her finish," How dare I? You sent Draco to kidnap me, then what do you do? You cry because Voldemort died boo fucking hoo. You're Bellatrix Lestrange, you're supposed to be evil and dripping in power. If anything you should be happy he died cause that means you're in charge. If you had Draco bring me here just to cry in front of me... well that's just pathetic."

Bellatrix was affected by Hermione's words and she hated it. She hated that the young witch was making sense. What was she doing? What did she even want from this mudblood? Deep down she knew why she had Draco take the girl. She had seen Hermione tackle Molly inadvertently, saving her own life. She would never say it to Hermione but she was grateful.

" I sent for you simply because I wanted you here. I do what I please, when I please. You will stay here at my manor in the dungeon," Bellatrix said trying to regain her composure.

"Fine," the older witch seemed baffled by Hermione's response. At this point Hermione was over everything. She just didn't care, she wanted to get away from Hogwarts and this was as far as she got.