3

The walls were putrid in her cell. It was something she'd never get used to. Being out in the world was nothing like being trapped in Azkaban. They tell you the world is a horrible place, but Bellatrix never believed it. The worst place that one could be is inside of their own head.

She found herself sat in the corner of the small cement room. She watched as her mind decayed and her beauty faded. Her sobbing turned into mumbling, followed by laughter. She remembers the exact moment she had gone mad.

Many assume she was mad before she had even been arrested, but it was all a lie. All of it was fabricated by Dumbledore. Yes, Bellatrix had been on the dark side for years, but she wasn't responsible for the act that had her imprisoned.

She watched as she screamed and screamed at the walls. They were closing in on her. She had no room to breathe. She was trapped in a prison for a crime she hadn't committed and it drove her mad.

Her screaming attracted a dementor to her cell. The soulless creature creeped its way into her corner," BACK, GET BACK YOU SOUL SUCKING BEAST!"

She screamed at it, she yelled at it, all of it pointless. It began to remove any trace of happiness from Bellatrix. It began to take every last piece of hope and light out of the witch. She screamed, she begged, she pleaded, until there was nothing left in her.

Bellatrix woke to Hermione shaking her violently, " Come on, Bellatrix, it's just a dream, you need to wake up." Bella fully opened her eyes, grabbing Hermione's arm.

" I'm awake you can stop that horrible shaking," she shrugged the younger witch off of her before sitting up fully.

Bella closed her eyes for a second trying to regain her composure," Are you alright, Bellatrix?"

Hermione stared at the woman with a worried look in her eye. Bellatrix had been moving in her sleep quite viciously for sometime. However the screams are what really made Hermione fear for the death eater.

" I'm fine," Bellatrix spoke but it came out as more of a whisper. She was trying to convince herself more than Hermione. This was her first day with the young witch and she refused to seem this weak. However the more she tried to keep control the more she felt the tears pour out.

" Bellatrix, you're obviously not well. You're sobbing and shaking. When you were asleep you were screaming bloody murder," Hermione said her voice firm with a slight stubbornness to it.

Bellatrix snapped her head in Hermione's direction," Child, you have no right to talk to me that way. You are my prisoner, your free will is mine. I-I," Hermione cut off Bellatrix by engulfing her in a hug.

" We are all human in some way or another, Bellatrix. Everyone has the right to be vulnerable sometimes," the muggle born couldn't believe that she was trying to comfort the death eater. Hermione didn't know why she was doing this. The women had been enemies hours prior but Hermione didn't think of it that way. Yes, they were on opposing sides and yes, Bellatrix had tortured her, but that was in the past. Everything is different now with Voldemort dead and the wizarding world shaming Hermione both women were different.

Bellatrix seemed to calm in Hermione's embrace. The older witch would never admit it, but she felt safe. For the first time in a long time she wasn't in hiding or running away. She wasn't devoting her life to some man. She was free, free to do whatever she wanted. She was no longer a prisoner to Azkaban or Volde- Tom Riddle.

She sprung out of the muggleborn's grip with a faint blush present on her cheeks," I think it's an appropriate time for breakfast." Hermione sent Bella a faint nod making her way out of bed. " I'll have the house elves take care of it." Hermione shook her head," I'll cook."

Bellatrix shrugged," Come on then." Bella led the younger girl to the kitchen. Hermione had yet to be disappointed by the décor of the house. The kitchen was absolutely beautiful.

Her finger traced over every surface and a small smile held a place on her face. Bellatrix carefully observed the girl with amusement in her eyes. It seemed, to Bellatrix at least, that everything Hermione did had a gentle undertone.

Hermione began taking out the materials to cook breakfast. She wasn't the best cook but it had always been something she enjoyed. She worked quietly under the watchful eye of Bellatrix. She'd be lying if the gaze of the witch didn't add pressure to the task.

The younger witch had finished preparing the breakfast without a single flaw. She was actually quite nervous to serve Bellatrix. Though they did have a moment earlier, she feared one wrong move could cause the witch to snap.

Hermione observed Bellatrix as she took a bite of the pancake. Hermione was startled as Bella's eyes fell on her. The older witch laughed at her reaction," It's good muddy. Really good. Now stop watching me and eat."

Hermione didn't know why the compliment had made her smile. She knew that in any other circumstance it would mean nothing, but coming from Bellatrix it felt... special?

She knew it was a strange feeling to have; however it didn't stop Hermione from smiling.