5

Bellatrix felt so alone. She was so tempted to just bring the girl upstairs. The mugg- mudblood needed to learn her lesson. How could she just run off with Draco like that? The older witch was almost sure the pair hated each other. When she saw them kiss she was furious. Only because of the betrayal of course. Or at least that's what Bella was telling herself.

Hermione had been locked up for almost 3 weeks now. The beatings should have scared her into obedience. So Bellatrix decided to let the girl out, hoping she wouldn't regret it.

When she reached her dungeon she found the younger witch asleep. Bella decided to not wake her, but instead quietly unlocked the chains and carried the girl back up to the light. Looking at Hermione in the light almost made Bellatrix sob.

She was extremely malnourished and the tears on her skin were extreme. Bellatrix knew she'd have to clean them or they'd get infected. She decided it would be a task for later, since she refused to wake the young witch.

She didn't want to admit it, but it hurt her when Hermione had tried to run away. She had thought they made such progress, though it had only been a few days. It also hurt her to beat Hermione but in the moment she felt it was necessary. Looking down at the girl in her arms made Bella feel like it wasn't necessary at all.

For the first time in decades Bellatrix felt empathy. If she was in Hermione's position she would've tried to run too. However, she still couldn't wrap her mind around that kiss or why it bothered her so much.

It was a thought for another time as Hermione began to stir in her arms. The ginger haired girl woke with a panic. She was shivering as she looked up at Bellatrix. Silent sobs escaped her lips," Please."

Bellatrix stopped and let the girl out of her arms. Hermione didn't run away but she did scurry away from the older witch.

" Please, no more. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Please." She had thought Bellatrix scared her before but now she was truly terrified of the woman. Bellatrix took a step forward and Hermione took a step back. This happened a few times until Hermione's back hit against the wall. The young witch instantly yelped at the pain.

" We have to clean them or you'll get infections," Hermione slowly lifted her shirt before grimacing. " I'm not going to- I don't want to hurt you anymore muddy. Now come along, since you're awake it's best we do this now."

Hermione knew better than to protest or fight against the witch. She rose slowly and followed quietly next to Bellatrix. Hermione took very small glances toward the woman. She looked tired, almost as tired as Hermione. It looked as if Bellatrix hadn't slept since Hermione had been in the dungeon. It shouldn't have mattered to Hermione but it did.

The awkward silence bothered both of the witches but neither had anything to say. When they reached the washroom Hermione sat on the tub and Bellatrix got the materials out.

This is where things got even more tense for the pair. The shirt that Hermione had on was almost non-existent but it was going to need to be removed nonetheless.

Hermione realized this when she caught Bellatrix staring at her. She turned on the edge of the tub, so that she was facing the inside of it. Bellatrix didn't mean to stare so intensely but she was anticipating the removal of the young witch's shirt.

Hermione tugged the shirt up slowly, grimacing with every small movement. Bellatrix was too mesmerized to offer assistance so watched as the girl struggled.

Tears pooled in Hermione's eyes as the pain was too much. She felt useless, unable to complete such a simple task as removing her shirt. She looked up at the older witch with pleading eyes.

This woke Bellatrix from her trance. She walked to where Hermione was before raising her wand. Hermione flinched fearing Bella was going to hurt her. Instead the pain never came and her shirt fell forward in the tub. Bellatrix had cut it off.

" Now I'm sure you're already aware that this will be extremely painful," Hermione nodded at the words, preparing herself as much as she could.

Bellatrix started the cleaning process. She was more gentle than she had ever been, but it didn't really help Hermione. She tried to withhold the screams, but when Bellatrix went over a really tender spot her whole body lurched forward.

" We're almost through Hermione. You've only got a couple left." Bellatrix's voice came out as a gentle whisper. A tone her voice hardly ever took. Hermione repositioned herself, signaling that it was alright for Bella to continue.

She moved quickly through the last of Hermione's wounds, not wishing any further pain to the Gryffindor. When Bella was finished she hurried out to get Hermione some proper clothes. This gave Hermione a chance to look at herself.

She looked awful. The already thin girl had slimmed even more, her pale skin was even lighter, her back was essentially a bruise. She had never felt so ugly in her lifetime. She was disgusted by the image of herself yet refused to look away.

Bellatrix had returned and watched as Hermione examined herself. She saw the disgust in the muggle's eyes. It made no sense to her. Hermione was half bare in front of the mirror and she was beautiful.

" Here put these on," Hermione was startled by the witch. Bellatrix grabbed the young girl's wrist and made strong eye contact.

" You are a beautiful young witch Hermione. I don't want to catch you looking at yourself like that again. Understood."

" I understand."