11

The couple trailed down the stairs to the living area where they found Narcissa and Draco waiting. " Why are you still here?" Bellatrix asked them with a bitter tone in her voice. " Because I am your sister and I am concerned for your mental health. I think you've gotten even more mad than you did in Azkaban." Bellatrix didn't hesitate to pull out her wand and aim it at her sister.

" HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY TIME IN AZKABAN, YOU FUCKING SCUM!?!? " A tension like no other built in the room. Draco pulled out his wand and pointed at Bellatrix," Put the wand down."

Hermione saw Bella's grip on her wand intensify and feared she would do something irrational. " Bella," Hermione's voice had instantly calmed her.

Bellatrix was moving to put her wand away but a scoff from Draco stopped her movements," She'll never love you Hermione. She doesn't love anyone... well anyone except Lord Voldemort. She still loves him. I mean why wouldn't she? She loved him after he fell the first time. She's using you as a distraction. I thought you of all people would be smart enough to realize that."

Bellatrix didn't hesitate to send a crucio at Draco. He fell to his knees in agony and his mother rushed to his side. Bellatrix approached them, her eyes mirroring a black pit," Get out." There was no room for arguing in her tone.

Narcissa helped Draco up and started for the door. She took one last glance at her sister and one final glare at Hermione before exiting the manor.

Bellatrix turned towards Hermione who now held a blank expression. " Hermi-" she was cut off," Do you still love him?" The question came out as a whisper but to Bella it was as loud as a million drums.

The room was silent as Bellatrix made no attempt to answer Hermione. " Do you still love him?" Her tone now laced with venom," It's a yes or no question."

" It's more complica-" Hermione cut her off yet again," No it isn't." The anger of the young witch filled the room. Bellatrix approached her, taking Hermione's hands in her own. " It doesn't matter if I love him or not, he's dead. He's not coming back this time."

That was not what Hermione wanted to hear. She pulled her hands from Bellatrix's," I am not going to be your second choice. I am not some type of idiot who you can manipulate to be your plaything. Draco was right I can't believe I've been so stupid. You're using me to make yourself feel better for failing Voldemort."

Tears now fell freely from Hermione's face. She tried to walk away but Bella wouldn't let her. Hermione tried to fight out of Bellatrix's grip but the older woman was too strong. " Will you just listen to me? Please."

Hermione stopped struggling and turned to face Bella. " Yes I still love him," Hermione tried to leave again but Bella stopped her," let me finish. He was the only person to ever treat me like a normal being. He never called me crazy or even joked about my madness. He was always there for me when I needed him without any judgment. He treated me like I had always dreamed of. For that I will always love him in some way. I know he used me and took advantage of this invisible vulnerability I have but he was the closest thing I had to someone who cared."

Hermione stood still waiting for the older witch to continue. When she didn't, she again turned to leave the other witch. Bella was mad at the girl for not understanding. She knew she couldn't let Hermione leave.

Bella tackled the girl to the floor forcing her in place. " GET OFF OF ME." Bella let out a scream of frustration," Why don't you understand?" Hermione rolled her eyes," Understand what? That you're using me and holding me against my will?"

" I love you."

Hermione's features softened as she heard the words from Bellatrix. It seemed as if Bellatrix had just realized what she said. Her cheeks had been tinted pink as embarrassment washed over her. Bellatrix tried to get off of Hermione but the younger witch pulled her back down.

" You what?" Hermione tried to get the witch to say it again. Bellatrix stared into the girl's eyes," I love you." Hermione smiled for a second before frowning," I thought you loved him."

" I do. Just not nearly as much as I love you." Bellatrix has never felt this exposed in her life. " Please don't go," she begged Hermione, tears forming in her eyes.

" I won't," Bellatrix let out a breath of relief," because I love you too." Hermione smiled up at the older woman similar to how they started the morning.

Bella leaned down, her lips once again colliding with Hermione's. The kiss was soft and quick but filled with love.

" I think we should get back in bed and continue what we were doing before that interruption," the ginger girl said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

" You are a mischievous girl." Hermione only chuckled," Let me show you how mischievous I can be."