2

Hermione's response bewildered both herself and Bellatrix. Was she really that done with the wizarding world that she'd stay in the dungeon of the Black Manor? Is this what she wanted? In all honesty she had no idea what she wanted at this point.

The goal she had set was accomplished, so to speak. She was out of Hogwarts and that's as far as the plan got. It's not like Bellatrix would let Harry Potter or anyone associated with the DA in her manor. So technically Hermione was safe and away from what she feared.

Bellatrix was angry at the muggle girl. She wanted Hermione to fight with her. The game was only fun if all parties participated, and Hermione's lack of "enthusiasm" confused the elder witch. She didn't understand the obedience Hermione was giving her.

" Follow me then Muddy," Bellatrix led the way to the dungeon with Hermione struggling to keep up behind her. After being in the Battle of Hogwarts and being cruicoed multiple times she was still very weak. Bellatrix noticed this, but continued to walk at a brisk pace.

Bella heard Hermione mumble something under her breath and stopped in her tracks. She looked behind her to find that the younger witch was very far behind her. Patience is not something Bellatrix normally would possess, but she waited until the ginger girl caught up before continuing to walk. This time she slowed her pace.

Hermione thought it was quite peculiar that the death eater had waited for her. She had never had someone like Bellatrix accommodate her needs. Even if it was something small like waiting for her.

The young witch scolded herself for liking something about the death eater. Hours ago this woman had tried to kill all of her friends. Hours ago this woman ruined her life. Hours ago this woman became the reason everyone questioned Hermione.

Although Hermione wanted to put the blame on Bellatrix, that's not what her heart... or mind was telling her. The blame in her mind was on Molly Weasley. If Hermione would've let her die she'd be celebrating with her friends now. Instead she was crucioed unconscious and her reputation had been tarnished.

The ginger was so in her head that she hadn't noticed the extra step. The witch winced and closed her eyes awaiting the impact. It never came, as Bellatrix caught her before she tumbled down the stairs.

" You should be careful Muddy, I think we've had enough near death experiences today," Bella sent a wicked smile to the girl in her arms.

Both women seemed to be in a trance. Hermione was analyzing Bellatrix, noticing that she had quite a few scratches and bruises from the battle. She also noticed the woman's impeccable bone structure, her button nose, and her almost black eyes that seemed like the night sky.

Bellatrix was doing something similar. It was at this moment Bellatrix realized how the young witch had grown. She was no longer a little girl but a very much developed woman. It made Bella change her mind, Hermione would not be placed in the dungeon tonight.

Bellatrix let go of Hermione's waist, breaking them both from the trance. The dungeon was at least 6 more flights down and Bellatrix didn't feel like it. You wouldn't think someone as demented as Bellatrix needed sleep but she did.

" Ok, this is our stop," they had stopped in front of the last of the many doors in a hallway that seemed way too long.

" This is my room, you can sleep in my room with me for tonight only. The dungeon is 6 more flights down and I don't feel like it. I'd send you by yourself, but I don't trust you not to try something," the older witch opened the door to reveal a ginormous room.

It was beautiful, the walls forest green and the bed cover matched. The headboard and dressers were a shiny black color all with beautiful carvings. Hermione was astonished by the beautiful décor.

" Cat got your tongue little mud?" Bella smirked at the younger witch who just looked down.

Hermione immediately collapsed onto the bed not even bothering to change. She was out like a light. Her day had been long and the one that followed would certainly be longer.

Bellatrix watched the girl sleep with envy. She wished it would be that easy for her. The nights in Azkaban still haunted her, that's why the décor was so extravagant. Before her stint in the prison she wouldn't have cared but after she got out she swore to never feel like she had nothing. So she surrounded herself with wealthy items provided to her by her lord.

She shook her head trying to clear her mind which was never truly empty. After changing quickly she decided to lay in the bed next to the muggle girl.

She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep but not before she addressed the girl in the nicest way she had ever spoken to a muggle.

" Goodnight, Hermione."