The plan

Kevin’s pov

As I climb out the shower I still have no Idea what I’m going to say to Double D, I have a feeling I’m just going to have to ‘wing it’ this conversation. Should I even bother going to the school to confront him. Yes, if I don’t do it now I never will... I think as I dry myself off to put on my clothes. What if Double D tries to avoid me like the plague, I mean he does that anyway, but still I wonder if we have any group projects coming up… Mhmm, which just gave me an Idea. I think as I rush to grab my hat and shove it into my bag. I dash out to my motorcycle and put my helmet on. I hope Mr. Haycook hasn’t left for school yet, I know that if I ask him about doing a group project and pairing me with Double D he will do it. He has been trying to get me to agree to do this for some time now, besides he is my uncle and he would be pleased to hear I want to benefit and bring up my school grades, little does he know about my crush. I room down the road up to my uncles, I see his car pulling out. I race up beside him and catch his attention, he rolls down his window.

“What would you like this beautiful morning, kevin?” Mr. Haycook asked as he stares up at the clouds.

“Can we talk before going to school? I’ve got something to ask you” I asked, I hope I can talk him into this. Before he could answer I ask “Can we have a group project with me paired with Double D, if I want to stay on the team I’ve got to pull up my grades and I want an excuse to ask Double D to tutor me, so could you please ask him to tutor me and be my partner for a group project?” it came out so fast I wonder if he caught all of what I said…

“How in the world did you know that I was going to announce a group project today? I got tired of waiting for you to realize this so I talked to all your teachers and they are putting you and Double D together on everything. I’m glad I don’t have to force you against your will at least. I love you, nephew, but I was staring to wonder if you would ever realize this.” My uncle said with a gleam in his eye like he knew I was in love with Double D… Wait did I just say I’m in love with him. I do love him, but am I in love with him.

Mr. Haycook pov

I was so amazed that Kevin actually came to me about this, I guess he figured this was the only way to tell Double D how he felt. God, they remind me of Melody and I, except in was the complete opposite of the situation, I was l was like Double D and She was like Kevin… Melody, I wish you were still here. I think holding back the tears. Kevin doesn’t know, about Double D or Melody’s secret and he doesn’t know she died, he thinks she packed up and left me, I can’t bring him to tell him it is my fault she’s dead.

“Well, Kevin, I think it’s time we got to school. See you second period. Don’t be late!” I say as I wait for Kevin to drive off, he seems lost in thought, but puts his helmet back on.

“I won’t be late, Mr. Haycook, I love you. You are the best” he says as he speeds off to the school. I take my time, because I don’t have a class till second period anyway.

Kevin’s Pov

Well, that was easier than expected, I’m kind excited, I wish aunt melody was still around. She would be so proud of him, I know he blames himself for her leaving… I wasn’t far from the school and school was about to start so I started to slow down. I wonder if Nazz and Nat are at the school already, I need to act normal. Pulling up into my normal spot I see Double D sitting silently reading a book I bought him for his birthday last year, blushing slightly… I put the kickstand down and take off my helmet. I reach in my bag to grab my ‘quiz bowl’ hat and put it on. I look around to see if Nazz or Nat were there, I couldn’t spot them so I walked up the stairs to go find them, are they even here today. I stop right next to Double D and he looks up at me, damn why is he so cute, and he blushes grabbing his stuff fast and turns to run insides and trips, I am so glad I was there to catch him.

“Awe, look you caught yourself a dork.” Nat screams from the parking lot.

“Oh, shut up Nat, he almost fell and I stopped him, I’m not a douche bag like you!!” I blushed as I looked down to see me holding Double D, I let him regain balance and let go.

“I’m sorry I must bid you a farewell, Kevin, thank you for catching me.” With that Double D went inside. Now Nat was beside me, “was that a blush” he asked with a smirk. I punched him and walked inside to my locker, grabbing the stuff I needed and I walk into my first class.

“Kevin, before we start I would like to say from now on your sitting next to Edd and he will be tutoring you for all classes.” Mrs. McNally stated and Double D stood up and slammed his hand on the desk. “Do I get no say so, what if I don’t want to help him?” Double D’s outburst shocked us all.

“Either you tutor him or get suspended.” She said without batting an eye and Double grumbled and sat back down and agreed to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Please like and comment let me know how I'm doing. Thank you