Chapter four

"She was everything real in a world of make-believe."- Atticus

"You really are the bestest friend ever Orion." Lavender said once they settled down and began eating the cookies she made him.

Lavender watched Orions face the whole time because she was afraid of his reaction. She baked for her parents and Martha all the time, and they always exclaimed how good they were however, she thought they were being biased towards her. So when Orion took the first bite she was on the edge of her seat, afraid of the reaction.

Orion remained neutral through it all, didn't show any emotion as he ate about three pieces of cookies. Lavender couldn't hold it anymore and took the fourth cookie he was about to bite out of his hand. "Hey!" Orion looked at Lavender to see her pouting and putting the cookie back to the tray.

"What's wrong? Why did you take my cookie?" Orion asked confused, it's been so long since he had eaten dessert and he loved the cookies she baked for him, it was simply perfect, actually, more than perfect. It was soft, velvety and delicious.

"B-because I know you d-don't like it. You're j-just eating it to not h-hurt my feelings." Lavender whispered and got up, she wanted to take the cookies back to the kitchen and dump it. Although Lavender is against wasting food, she can not let anyone eat something they thought was not good, simply because she made it.

"красота, beautiful wait." Orion stood. He walked towards her as she stood patiently by the door. Palm over the knob, her head down.

Lavender looked up when he grabbed a cookie from the tray and took a bite. He looked in to her eye as he swallowed the last piece of cookie on the tray and said, "you better go down there to bring me some more because it's almost as addicting as being around you." He whispered.

Lavender blushed when he gave her a smile and smiled widely. Orion knew he had to do his job by this weekend so he'll be right next to Lavender on Monday, seems almost unrealistic but he had to.

Coming upstairs with a new batch of cookies she saw Orion looking out her bay window and set the cookies down. She walked over him and asked, "Is everything okay?" Softly.

"Yeah, everything is okay.. but..." Orion trailed off.

"But what?" She was getting anxious. Maybe those cookies were actually bad.

".. I have to go to Italy tonight and I don't know when I'll be back." Orion said looking down.

"B-but.. b-but... wh" Lavender was extremely confused and sad. She just met him today! And he's already leaving?

This reminded her of herself whenever she met someone while traveling through different countries. She'd make a friend and she'll have to say goodbye within 4-5 days max. That's why she clung to Orion.. she didn't think he'd leave.

"красота, I'm not leaving forever. I'll be back sooner than you think." Orion was sightly confused when he saw her teary eyes.

"That's what they all say.." she whispered to herself but shrugged it off and hugged Orion.

"When are you coming back?" She mumbles into his shirt.

Orion squeezed her shoulder and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back on Monday, try to I mean." He sighs, it shouldn't really be difficult should it?

Lavender smiled softly, relieved he's not going for long and nodded.

"Okay baby, I need to go now." Orion clenched his jaw hating to leave what he found was the only thing good in his life right now.