Chapter seven

"I think it's beautiful the way you sparkle when you talk about the things you love"-Atticus

Lavender giggles at something Jett said and began to scoot closer to him when Jett asked her if she wanted to know a secret. They were currently in the cafeteria sitting as the other boys went to get food. Orion was reluctant on going but he needed to stop acting like he was her boyfriend, which in his head he already was, and went to get her her desired meal.

"Orion likes you." Jett whispers in her ear.

Lavender smiled and whispers, "I like him too, he's my best friend."

Jett shook his head and ruffled her hair to which she pouted. "No you silly shortcake I meant he likes likes you. More than a best friend."

Lavender eyes widen, "y-you mean like..." there was a pause which excited Jett, "a s-super b-best friend? L-like ultimate?!" Her smile widen as she clapped her hands with joy.

Jett facepalms and banged his forehead on the table, "silly innocent shorty I meant in a boyfriend and girlfriend way. Datinggggg" he tries to explain.

Lavender eyes widen and she started blushing and shaking her head vigorously. She couldn't believe Jett said such a thing. Of course he wouldn't like her like that she's a nobody who cries all the time and Orion is well, Orion. He would never look at her that way, she was certain. "N-no! he doesn't I-I'm his b-best friend." Lavender spoke softly as she spotted the guys nearing their table.

"No, we are his best friend too. You don't see him looking at us with hearts popping out of his eyes, do you? He totally likes you and I can tell you like like him tooooo!!" Jett sang the last part with a smirk, which caused lavenders face to get even redder.

"N-no I-I d-don't!"

"No you don't what?" Orion asked as he sat next to Lavender, pulling her chair away from Jett and practically glued her to his side whilst putting an arm around her shoulder. He gave her the pizza slice she wanted along with a warm bottle of water.

"N-nothing!" Lavender exclaimed loudly before eating the pizza he got her, which caused Orion to raise his eyebrow before shrugging. Lavender looked at Jett again only to have him wink at her before chuckling.

"T-thank y-you Orion, for the pizza." Lavender said while looking down, she can't seem to look at him after hearing what Jett said. Her mind beginning to overthink.

"You're welcome."

It was then silent for a moment the only people talking were the other students around them.

"So Lavender, where did you come from? Didn't really get a chance to actually get to know you the first time we met." Chase broke the silence and started the conversation.

Lavender of course was shy because all the attention seemed to be on her. "O-oh u-um sorry a-about that. That was v-very rude of me." She apologized with flushed cheeks.

"It's cool." Chase dismisses with a wave of his palm.

"I-I came from Australia, I-I meant that Australia w-was the last place I've been to b-before coming here."

"Australia huh? Lots of hot Aussie boys there I heard." Jett stated while wiggling his brows with a large grin.

Orion glared at Jett before turning to Lavender, he gave her an intensely possessive gaze but somehow it made her stomach flutter. "U-uh I've n-never r-really paid attention t-to them so um I-I don't know." She whispers. Orion looked away seemingly satisfied with her answer.