Chapter 1

The ride in the car was silent, the two teenage girls sitting beside each other. One of them had a netrual expression on her face while the other was scowling in annoyance, arms crossed over her chest. The car came to a stop and the driver opened the door, the girl with the short hair stepping out, leaving the girl with the waist length moonbeam hair to sit in the car and pout.

"Come on Amara, Cross Academy isn't so bad." Sayuri promised and Amara just huffed and stepped out of the car, pink heel making a clacking sound against the ground.

"I don't see why I should have to come to a Boarding school." She huffed, looking at the school is disdain. Sayuri didn't respond and walked to the gates, Amara following behind slowly and reluctantly. With a srunched up nose she walked through the gates with Sayuri following behind. Deciding she wanted to explore, Amara took off in a run, which despite two weeks of getting used to her legs, she was a still a little weak with her legs.

"Amara, wait!" Sayuri called worriedly, but Amara kept running awkwardly until Sayuri couldn't see her anymore. Sayuri sighed and decided tht knowing Amara, she would be fine. As long as she didn't get herself into trouble with Zero or the Night class that is. Unfortunately, knowing Amara that is exactly what would happen.

"Yuri! Hey you're back!" Yuuki called and Yuri turned to greet her friend. She smiled at Yuuki warmly.

"Hello Yuuki, how was your summer vacation?" Yuri asked and Yuuki smiled cheesily.

"Same as always. Yours? Hey didn't you say you were bringing someone with you to Cross Academy this year? Where is she?" Yuuki asked curiously and Yuri's smile faltered.

"Amara, that's her. She ran off. She's not very...friendly with new people. She's been staying with my family for two weeks since we found her washed up on the beach and she's only become a little more open with us." Yuri sighed, watching the area where Amara had run off through.

"Wait you found her washed up on the beach?" Yuuki gasped. Yuri nodded gravelly.

"Yeah. It's weird Yuuki, she won't tell us where she's from or why she washed up on the beach. And when I found her, she couldn't even walk, even now she has trouble with it. It's like she was a mermaid." Yuri contemplates and Yuuki jumps and shivers. 

"Mermaid?" Yuuki whispers and Yuri nods.

"I think i'm just being silly with an assumption like that but I can't help but wonder about it. I'm worried to where she has run off too. Like I said she isn't the most social person and i'm worried of her running into Zero and meeting her best friend." Yuri pondered and Yuuki giggled.

"Wow she's that much of a loner?" Yuuki laughed but then froze, her eyes widening. "Do you think she'd try to get into the Moon dorms?" Yuuki asked and Yuri sighed and nodded.

"I wouldn't put it past her. She dances to the sound of her own beat. She's certainly a free spirit and getting into the Moon dorms is something she would do. In fact, i'm sure that's where she's headed. Let's head over that way should we? I'll wait outside while you go in and get her." Yuri responded and Yuuki nodded, and they headed over that way.

"How will I know which one she is?" Yuuki asked.

"She's inhumanly perfect, even more so then the Night class. You'll know her when you see her." Yuri promised and they headed off to the Moon dorms.

Amara looked at the tall Moon dorm gates with puffed out cheeks in a pout. The moment Yuri had explained the Night class to Amara, she'd been curious. Amara had never been on land before save for the moments she would occasionally bask in the sun on the beach but even then she'd still had her tail, and even then she'd never been on land for more then an hour. She'd been on land with legs for two weeks, and it was killing her. But despite all of that, Amara was compeltely unaware of what went on in the human world. She would hear stories from sailors, and tended to keep up with some things that went on with the humans, though it usually didn't interest her too much.