Chapter 2

Spade was walking to Lily's house when she passed a milkshake store on the way and bought a strawberry and vanilla shake. She sipped the vanilla shake on the way.

***

Spade rang the doorbell . After a couple of seconds, Lily opened the door opened. Lily was Spade's best friend. Spade and her went to the same school and were in the same grade. Lily wears glasses and has long brown hair that goes to her stomach. She has blue eyes and darkish skin. Lily gets all A's in her classes. Spade met her in mechanics class when their were paired up for the robot contest.

"Hey, what's up?" Lily asked, smiling at her.

"I brought you a milkshake," Spade said, handing her the milkshake. "It's strawberry. Can I hang here for a while?" Spade asked nervously, flicking her fingers (she does that when she is  nervous).

"Weird parents?" Lily said knowingly. Spade nodded.

"Ok. Come on in." said Lily.

Spade stepped in and Lily closed the door. They put their milkshakes on the counter and ran upstairs.

"Where are your parents?" Spade asked, looking around.

"They are at work." Lily replied.

When they got to her room Lily asked, "So, who is hotter, Jean or Mark?" twirling in her chair.

"Definitely Jean. Those eyes!" Spade said giggling, laying on the floor next to Lily's chair. She sat up and looked around the room. When you walk in, to your left was a bunk bed. It was the one where you sleep on top and the bottom is a desk. When you walk in and turn directly to the right, there is a dresser. Across from the bed is the closet. Then straight ahead there was three windows with a window seat. The walls were painted a very light purple.

Spade's room was kind of like this. When you walk in, to the right she had a queen bed, with her head to the wall and feet facing the windows. To the left, the closet, and a beanbag chair next to her closet. Also to the right she had a nightstand next to her bed and next to that was the dresser. Straight ahead was the windows. She had a little cubby below the windows. Her walls were painted light blue. She had a poster of Lee Janet, the famous robot maker. Lily had no posters.

"Which person would you pick?" Spade asked, climbing up to the top bunk with Lily below her.

"I would pick Jean too. Only because he is kind of rich." Lily said, laughing. Spade laughed too. It was the only place where she could be stronger, the real her. She could only be that around real friends.

"Hey come down here and look at this," Lily said opening her computer on her desk. Spade climber down and joined Lily with her computer.

"I got an email... it's from the robot contest!" Lily said excitedly as she opened the email.