Chapter 5

"Now, you guys are going to be standing up in the observation tower with the command people." Jake said, gesturing to his family. "Everyone else will be standing two miles away. Now everyone, if you follow Cassandra she will lead you up to the tower."

"Is Miko and Lilac here yet?" Spade's mom asked Jake.

"Yes, they arrived about fifteen minutes ago. They are in the tower already." he said.

As Spade's family went with Cassandra, she stayed behind with Jake. "Do you think you could show me the space shuttle?" she asked.

"Sure!" he said smiling.

Jake and Spade walked across the launch pad. "Are you nervous about going up in space?" Spade asked along the way.

"No. I feel like, the less you worry, the less stress it's going to be." Jake said confidently. "By the way, how are mom and dad?"

"They are ok." Spade said, stopping in front of the shuttle. "Not the best actually." she said under breath.

Hopefully, everything will be fine after Jake goes up in that spaceship. Maybe they'll pay more attention to me!" Spade thought.

The spaceship loomed over them like a person standing over an ant. The shuttle was all white, with the USA flag in the bottom corner. When the shuttle goes up in space, the two boosters on the side will fall off it, and only the shuttle will enter the atmosphere.

"Wow. This is so cool." Spade said, looking up at the shuttle.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Jake said. Looking at her, being serious. "There have been reports that someone is going to try to sabotage this mission because this mission is going up into space to retrieve data from a very special satellite."

"Ok," Spade said, looking a bit scared. "I think I want to go back up to the tower. Do you want to come with me so they can wish you good luck?"

"Sure!" Jake said.

When they reached the tower, a lady came running out of the tower and said, "We are under attack, the the... Eight Lay's are here." the lady fainted in Jake's arms.

He gently laid her down on the ground. An alarm went off around the space station. Three bodyguards came out of a car that just pulled up.

"You guys are coming with us. The shuttle is about to go off with very bad people inside of it." the tall one said. He had a name tag that read Van.

Spade backed up. "It's ok, these are the good guys."

I need to stop that shuttle from going off. I'm the only one who can do it. She thought.

Van was holding Jake's hands and the other bodyguard had Spade when she breaked from his grip and ran towards the shuttle.

"Wait, Spade no!" Jake shoughted. Spade kept running.

When she got to the shuttle, she walked around it, trying to find the panel that holds the electric wires.

A voice said through the intercom, take off time five minutes.

It was crunch time.