we are each other's past present and future

THE PAST
i knew you'd be it for me, i wanted you to be my ending

//

The story of Jungkook and Serenity came to life again because of one person and that was Kim Taehyung.

His bus plan was a success.

So after Jungkook and Serenity listened to music on the bus ride, just like they did when they were younger. The only thing that had changed was the fact that their feelings had cultivated stronger.

Serenity invited Jungkook back to her house, not sure how things were going to go between them. The last time she saw him, he was jumping on a bouncy castle with his hands in the air as the kids screamed at him to let them play.

There was so much for them to talk about yet the silence was needed. It helped to gather their thoughts, the surprise of seeing each other so adoringly.

The evening they spent together was astonishing. The fireplace offered solace and warmth as they sat in front of it, keeping their distance as their notions, sensations and words hung in the air that never had a glimpse of tension. Gentle words hidden with I miss you's, catch ups on what their future gifted them hidden with, I wish we came back to each other earlier. Their socks against the carpet, their hands clutched in their laps, their eyes remained fixated on each other's facial expressions, taking in every small action, word including the nervous bite of lips, the laughter and the silence that followed. Serenity remembers exactly what it felt to look away from the amber glow of the fireplace into Jungkook's chocolate filled eyes, feeling at home once more.

Unfortunately time exists, sliding it's hands around the clock and it was three thirty am when Jungkook left with a sigh. The two didn't expect to talk for such a long time, ignoring the yawns and worn out smiles, they continued to delve in each other's space because it was one they had missed.

Serenity was slightly agitated when she dropped him to the front door of her house. "Will you get home okay?" She asked as he stood in front of her.

The way he looked in that moment nearly brought tears to her eyes. His enchanting frame almost as tall as the door, hands tucked into the pockets of his denim jacket as a sheepish smile played on his lips. The dire blanket of stars behind him couldn't compare to the way his eyes look. Swirls of auburn that held unexplainable feelings, she could read what he was feeling and it made Serenity more sentimental when she realised Jungkook had always been himself with her. He's never wore a mask, hid his faithful feelings and has always shown her his vulnerable, open and sensitive state.

Happy. Fresh. Warm. Longing.

The boy rubbed his eyes, the bracelets on his wrist showing as his jacket stretched. She hoped his layers of clothing, jacket, flannel and sweatshirt helped to keep him warm in the cold of the night. "Would it be too much if i kissed you?"

His words hung loosely in the air. Stay, Serenity wanted to say but she forced her mind to speak. She knew that Jungkook felt jittery, he felt as though he was asking for too much and that his simple ask would ruin their entire night.

But it wouldn't so she said I don't mind with a laugh as she waited.

Serenity expected a kiss on the lips but the kiss gifted from her past lover was one on the forehead. Short, sweet, filled with stardust as his lips lingered there. She felt her eyes close and he stepped away, taking the warmth with him as he started to walk away to a fancy car.