you were alone now i am

A funeral without you but for you.

A nervous, brave Serenity stands up in front of many people, eyes analysing her facial expressions and actions, the size of the group opposite her surprises her... Jimin always seemed like a reserved, isolated person but when she looks at his parents, watching her with tears in their eyes, she knows that parts of the audience had no idea who Jimin was.

And it was her duty to inform everyone of the beautiful man he was. Duty. Of course, she can't tell them that he hated the stench of alcohol but loved to put on a facade that he was a tough drinker, that he would hurry to cover his nose and mouth whenever he coughed or sneezed, that there was so much hidden affection in his heart, the only person he was yet to give it too was himself, that he plays with his rings when he's nervous, that he likes to look for shooting stars in the temporary night, that he has a soft spot for kids-

Serenity feels lucky to have known him in such a special way.

She clears her throat. "Jimin was a person who touched every person on this earth's soul .. no matter how big or small." She notices people nodding, it was true. He was an impactful being.

Even after his death, he is.

Serenity recalls Jimin's travels around the world, usually alone.  "I genuinely knew he appreciated life and even himself when he realised the world was bigger than he thought. It was just waiting for him."

Serenity feels a growing ache in her chest knowing that the guilt inside of her is slowly wrapping her wrists round with rope that burns the sensitive skin of her hands. She's been taught a lesson from her friends deaths, Namjoon showed her that life's too short and Jimin showed her that he needed someone and it ended up costing his life.

But what could Serenity have done when that someone was Namjoon?

"But I was wrong. I was too fucking blind to see that he was still suffering. I have been thinking a lot and I truly think he knew he was never alone, he patched up things and was content." Serenity presses her palms down against the wooden platform- melancholy filling up her lungs as she struggles to breathe.

Serenity apologises for cussing. "It was always a see you later not a bye... he was very mysterious." Flashbacks of them meeting for the first time, taking a taxi together, keeping each other company at the hospital, leaving flowers at their mutual friends passing and seeing each other at a gay club-

And maroon eyes that form into crescent moons and shortly cut strands of soft hair as well as pale cheekbones, rings on fingers, prominent collarbones and merry smiles is what she visions.

"There were so many signs." A sob breaks out of Serenity's throat when she thinks of Jimin's smile and how he looked at her, Namjoon, Jungkook and Tae-

"That's why you acted so affectionate huh?" Serenity refers to Jimin, suddenly talking to the standing photo frame of Jimin smiling a smile so wondrous. She remembers the night of Taehyung's piano performance and how he hugged her.

"You had never said you loved me." Serenity chuckled, not caring about the looks given from the audience. She glanced at her friends- Taehyung and his husband, Elijah, Hoseok, her daughters and Jungkook smiling at her.

"So you told me you did when you actually said goodbye to me and I love you Jimin, I love you so much."