too late too late

THE PAST
what if i came back earlier?

//

"Shall I take my shoes off?"

Serenity pauses in her steps, nodding at Jimin as he enters her house, placing his heavy suitcase against the wall and following her down the hall.

Jimin decided to come back from the deserted streets of Amsterdam with Serenity, wanting to spend more time with her. She didn't want her long lost friend staying at a hotel so he's staying at hers for a while. I'm going to stay with you I promise- he said to her on the airplane, sincerity shining through as he mentioned he's going to settle down, not throw away what they had.

So after their long delayed flight, Serenity hands Jimin a towel as he leaves excitedly to shower, eager to have a steaming and soothing shower that makes him sleepy. The sight of him running in delight makes her laugh. She's missed him.

She waits for him to shower first and as she waits, she fixes little tasks around the house like hanging their coats, emptying her suitcase, putting dirty clothes into the laundry, making sure the house is amiable and warm, making a to do list until she settles down in the kitchen counter with a pizza menu in her hand.

"Serenity! I'm done." Therefore she rushes upstairs, needing a shower, now realising why Jimin was so excited. Serenity grabs her towel and clothes before making her way to the bathroom door.

The door is open when she's about to walk inside. Jimin's blocking the doorway, dressed in a loose chalky shirt and grey sweatpants as his wet towel hangs around his neck. Droplets of water slide down the sides of his face which he quickly wipes away, shaking his hair- tangling his fingers through the wet strands. His bronze eyes meet Serenity's, a content smile playing on his lips as the luxurious, scented smell and comforting warmth radiates off his clean body.

Serenity wishes she wasn't noticing every small facial feature about Jimin such as, him licking his plump lips, the emotion evident in his eyes, the flutter of his eyelashes because she feels herself and him leaning towards each other, the air around them filling with a lust that had returned from years ago.

Serenity snaps out of the trance and pulls away, stepping back. They can't become that heartfelt mess again.

Jimin's sigh when she pulls away tells her what he was thinking.

Jimin hums, letting Serenity enter the bathroom as he steps out. He holds his towel out to her with a look that resembles a puppy wide eyes and pouted lips. "Can you dry my hair like you used to?" Like you used to, makes Serenity think of the memories her and Jimin shared, before and after a shower, sometimes together and she would love drying his hair.

"Yeah, of course." Jimin sits in front of her legs as she towel dries the strands of his hair that turn curly. Overcast locks flow through her fingers as he closes his eyes and they stay silent. Serenity thinks about how his hair still feels soft, how pink is her favourite colour on him and how he is himself with her which is relieving.

The afternoon turns into the evening, the sun sets behind the closed blinds and the house turns warmer. The young friends, now in adulthood- no longer in Amsterdam, sit together on the couch with individual blankets- hours after sharing a pizza whilst watching Friends.

"Do you want a drink?" Serenity asks as she stands up. Her eyes dart towards the TV screen to see the movie Jimin had decided starting to play.

Jimin says yeah and gives her a thumbs up.

Serenity looks through the partially empty fridge, tilting her head and she ignores the bottles of fruit juice, cold water and chocolate milkshake. Her hand reaches out for the alcohol at the back of the fridge, she usually never touches it unless a friend is over. The glass is cold against her palm and she places both bottles down on the table in front of Jimin. 

Serenity expected late night talks, more catching up with the prince like boy staying at her house. She expected cracking up bottles of alcohol as well as staying up all night laughing. She expected random car rides to drive through's to satisfy an urge for warm fries. She expected friendly behaviour with the traveller.

But Park Jimin had another idea.

When Serenity passes the side of the couch where Jimin's arm lays, he grabs hers, his slender fingers locking around her wrist as he pulls her in front of him. He feels strangely satisfied with the fact that he surprised her.

He leads Serenity to him, not realising how his bottom lip is captured in between his teeth as he watches her grow anxious, baffled and full of yearning which she'll never admit. He pulls at both her hands and she straddles him. The physical connection hadn't changed.

Serenity sits on Jimin's lap, her legs on either side of him as her arms wrap around his shoulders. Their lips collide, meanings of sexual frustration and hidden conversations slip into each kiss.

Jimin's hands rake through her hair, down her sides, caressing her cheeks and every aspect of her that he's missed so much, his sweet escape. Serenity's hands tug on the ends of his dark locks, pecking the exposed skin of his collarbone, squeezing his thighs as he brings her closer, then why did you escape from me?

Their bodies touch, fuse with lust and temporary escapism as the alcohol on the table goes untouched.

The night was full of scratched backs, sweet moans and delicate touches but most importantly there was closure. Closure behind the naked touches, fingers dancing on each other's skin, kisses down necks and along their jewellery. But was it closure for Jimin?

Serenity woke up the next day, surprised by his presence in her bed. She took in his disheveled hair which contrasted with the white sheets, pretty eyelashes resting against his kissable cheeks, his head on the pillow as small murmurs left his lips and his closed eyes. It's like she forgot he even left her in the first place.

This time, he really did stay.

Their past were as lovers and now their present is as friends.

let me just stress the fact that this is from the PAST serenity ain't cheating