it's nice to see you angel

"Good morning."

Serenity walks into the kitchen to see her husband making breakfast, the smell of tea fills the air and she can't bring herself to greet him back. Usually she wraps her arms around him from behind, pressing her cheek against his back and thanks him for being the love of her life.

There's a reassuring smile on his face as he places nicely made eggs on a plate, his black bangs waving messily in front of his tired eyes as he glances at her. She knows that the two of them haven't slept properly, socialised or ate properly. It pains her to see him try for her.

She averts her gaze to the food which she regrets since she feels the sickness in her stomach and throat. Serenity pours herself a cup of tea, trying not to cry at the smallest things like how Jungkook made breakfast for their family despite the fact that he has work and will be late, his kiss on her cheek as he passes by.

But the smallest things is what Serenity cherishes.

She sits in front of him at the food covered counter, her small hands circle the mug as she lifts the steaming liquid to her lips. Serenity ignores the burning sensation on her tongue, the pain in her heart is worse, it's so much worse.

"Can you not take a few days off work?" Jungkook asks, leaning forward on his elbows. There's worry and guilt etched across his pretty face as he tries to be there for his troubled wife, but the man himself is going through the loss of a loved one too. Serenity wants to be there for him too, wrap her arms around him, wipe away his silent tears and let them both take a day off for work and grieve.

But all she sees, thinks and feels is Jimin. He's really gone.

Serenity gulps harshly. "i'll try." She meets his gaze, brown meeting brown and the tears that threaten to fill her eyes make her voice weak. "See you later." She grabs her things before getting into the car and leaving for work.

When she arrives at work, she feels her heart leap at Jungkook's message.

JUNGKOOK
make sure to eat something

JUNGKOOK
i know you didn't have breakfast

JUNGKOOK
i love you

Serenity makes her way to her boss' office. her steps are fast, she's hoping for a yes so she can go home.

She greets the younger lady with a fake smile, straightens her posture and greets her, putting on an extravagant show that she's okay. "Hello! Good morning." Serenity closes the door.

Her boss raises her brows. "What's the issue? Is everything okay?"

Serenity shakes her head and takes in a deep breath. "No, actually... a close friend of mine recently died." Her words float in front of her, the realisation of the shocking news hits her again and she sees the police man standing in front of her, flashbacks of Namjoon and Jimin making eye contact from across the room, Jungkook crying at the funeral-

"So I was wondering if I could take a few days off from work?"

Serenity's boss winces. "I'm afraid that I can't allow that."

Serenity is triggered. "May I ask why?" She feels her fists clench on either side of her, fury bubbling inside of her as she sees her boss' blank expression. It feels unfair because Serenity believes she should be allowed to take time out for herself, to mourn, there shouldn't be restrictions since she needs the time off. She wants to switch life off for a while. "I haven't been doing well and I don't think I can go on this way-" She tries to persuade.

There doesn't seem to be a trace of sympathy from her boss' straight posture, relaxed figure and dull dark eyes that look at her directly. "We need you at work." Her statement is clean cut and it
hurts her employee more than it should. "Your clients need you. You have responsibilities." Her sentences are lined with harsh no's.

Serenity steps forward, losing her patience as she tries to argue. "Please." Now she's pleading. "Just a couple of days. It's all I'm asking for. This isn't good for me." She throws her hands in the air.

Her boss shrugs, averting her gaze to the papers on her desk. "I'm sorry it isn't what you want to hear but i'm saying no." She has won the debate.

When Serenity says nothing and stares at the floor, the tension and disappointment hangs between them. "Maybe it will be good for you to take your mind off things and relax. It'll distract you." Her boss adds. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Serenity stays still and waits for more.

But nothing comes. Instead, her boss waves her hand towards the door and mutters under her breath. "Take the rest of the day off." She tells her.

Therefore, Serenity leaves the office and drives to a florist.

She walks down the path, one that is familiar yet distant and she stops when approaching his grave. Serenity sits down and holds a brave face, the wet soil staining her pants as she places the flowers besides the grave stone delicately.

"It's good to see you angel." She whispers to Namjoon with a sad smile and open arms with need. "Someone will be joining you soon, right next to you."