━━ 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 - 𝐏𝟏 ━━

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

It was her. It was really El.

I almost didn't recognize her. Her hair had grown out and was now a flattering mess of curls.

She seemed shocked to see me, she stood there like a deer in headlights but like me, I could see tears pooling in her eyes.

"Y/n," she croaked.

We both snapped out of our respective dazes and ran towards each other, enveloping one another in a hug.

"Oh, my God you're alive!" Tears were freely falling down my cheeks. "I can't believe- We thought you-"

I heard her sniffling and I felt my shoulder slowly grow damp from her tears.

"I missed you too," I could hear the smile she wore as she spoke.

We both chuckled half-heartedly and gave the hug one last squeeze before pulling away.

"I really did miss you, all of us did," I mumbled. "Where were you? What happened?"

She shrugged lightly, and began her eyes began to shift. Like she was getting antsy and she in one place for too long.

"Long story," she mumbled.

I nod in understanding. And I immediately remember Mike and the others.

"Mike. Mike needs to know you're here! He misses you like crazy. The others will want to see you too, they're all here. You'll even get to meet Will!" I began to talk faster without trying, growing more excited by the second but El seemed to change.

She gave me a somber smile, and I felt my grin fade away.

"El? What's wrong?"

She looked me in the eye and then looked away, seeming to be contemplating several things.

"I-"

My head tilted in confusion.

'How could she not want to see Mike?'

"I can't." Something was definitely off, it almost looked as if something clicked in her head. "Not safe."

It sounded as if she was realizing it for the first time as she said it.

"What?" I blinked several times, completely confused. "What do you mean, what isn't safe?"

She spoke slowly, like every word hurt her to say. "I shouldn't have come."

I felt a pang of sadness in my chest and I gaped at her.

"What? But I just found you. And Mike, he's been miserable, please don't-"

She seemed pained by words and she cut me off.

"Y/n," She urged, on the verge of tears.

She took a deep breath, composing herself. "I... was wrong. Can't be here." She reiterated.

She began looking around again, scanning our surroundings and swiftly moved herself around the corner and I followed, glancing around the corner to see someone pass through the halls.