━━ 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 - 𝐏𝟑 ━━

||𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"Hello?"

Hopper had already been worried when he heard Joyce had called for him eight times that morning. But showing up at their house to find front door wide open and the house seemingly empty, that was enough to scare him.

Thankfully, he heard Joyce's shaky voice call from down the hall.

"Leave it open."

Taking off his hat, he stepped into the living room, Joyce came pacing in from the other room. She wore a thick wool sweater that she kept wrapped tightly around her body, and she had a lit cigarette in one hand, ashtray in another.

"Where the hell have you been?" She whispered harshly.

Hopper looked around the room, scanning for possible signs of distress.

"I overslept. What the hell's going on? It's freezing."

She beckoned him forward, placing the ashtray down on the table in the hallway, putting out her cigarette before leading Hopper down the hall.

"Hey! Knock, knock." Her tone was softer as she made their presence known to Will.

She slowly opened his bedroom door and stepped inside, revealing Hopper.

"We have a visitor."

Will was sitting on the edge of his bed, his back to them. He was uncharacteristically stiff, and perfectly upright. He was looking straight ahead, and he declined to acknowledge their presence.

He was perfectly still and unmoving.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

"So this thing, this shadow thing,"

Hopper was sat next to Will on his bed, looking at the drawing Will had made of the shadow monster, and Joyce's tracing from the tape of Halloween, side by side.

Joyce had taken a seat next to them.

"You told your mom it likes it like this. It likes it cold?"

Will looked at the drawing then looked away, when he spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Yeah."

Joyce sat wringing her hands, unable to hide her worry for her son as she listened.

"How do you know that?" Hopper asked gently.

Will shrugged his shoulders.

"I just know."

Hopper stared tentatively at the drawing, while Will looked at it in slight fear.

He couldn't shake the feeling that he had to be careful about what he shared, like he would be listening.

"Does he talk to you?" Hopper asked again.

Will shook his head slightly.