━━ 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 - 𝐏𝟐 ━━

||𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"Flo?" Joyce had been phoning the police station all morning in attempts to reach the only person she thought could help. "It's Joyce, again."

"Oh, hi, Joyce. Listen, I gave him your message-"

"He's still not there?"

"No, but-"

"Did he get any of my messages from yesterday? Did you give--"

Joyce began pacing slightly, twirling the phone cord anxiously in her fingers.

"No, no, I need Hopper. Just tell him to call me the second he gets in. Please... Thank you."

She shoves the phone angrily in its place, reaching up she grabbed the bridge of her nose, pinching it to calm her nerves. The stress was already getting to her.

She heard a small patter of footsteps approaching, and she put on a happy face.

"Hey. How you feeling, sleepyhead?" She brushed Will's bangs aside and ruffled his hair slightly. "Any better?"

Will, still groggy from sleep, shook his head with a grunt.

"Same as last night? Still weird?" She asked gently.

He took a seat at the kitchen table and she knelt down in front of him. Pushing the strands of hair aside, she felt for his temperature expecting a small fever. However, she hadn't picked up on anything and she figured she must need a more accurate reading.

She returned shortly with the glass thermometer and took a seat opposite him. Will sat patiently with the thermometer under his tongue and tried his best not to move it.

Joyce kept a close eye on the time, glancing up occasionally from her watch. Finally, she pulled the glass stick out from Will's mouth and was shocked to see the results.

She frowned as the red line stayed firmly at 95°. Will, who noticed her expression spoke up.

"Is it a fever?"

She shook her head, confusion still written all over her face.

"No. Uh, actually, it's cold. Do you feel cold?"

"No. Just a little out of it." He replied, speaking slowly. "Like I haven't really woken up yet."

She looked at him quizzically, racking her brain trying to figure out what it could be.

Will, who misinterpreted her expression grew defensive.

"You promised no doctor."

She smiled warmly, and shook her head softly.

"And I meant it. No doctor," Will visibly relaxed at his mother's words. "You know what? I'm gonna run you a nice bath and it'll warm you up and hopefully get you feeling better. How's that sound? Okay?"