━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄 - 𝐏𝟑 ━━

A/n: You might be noticing a lot less 1st person pov, I'm slowing inching away from that since 1st person isn't a strength of mine. I most likely will phase that out altogether, idk, let me know?

Trigger Warnings: Violent racism. Allusions to domestic violence. If you would like/need to skip, I will be putting the usual markers [●●●] before and after. Both of these warnings will fall under the marker. Safe reading, my loves! I care about you all so deeply, and I want you guys to have my stories as an escape so I'm really hating myself that this scene is coming out during all this. Not that it was ever not going on before cuz we all know that's bullshit, but with it all being so amplified right now. Again, I love you all and if you ever need anything 💕💕💕💞💞💞 edit: also brief mention of needles

||3rd Person POV||

Billy Hargrove's car skids to a halt in front of the Byers house, the four tires send gravel up flying. The headlights dim out with a sharp click as he puts the car to sleep, and the rusty car door squeaks as he opens it. He takes the dying cigarette out from between his smirking lips when he sees who is waiting for him on the porch.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you Harrington?"

Steve sighs, tiredly. "Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants."

A cocky smirk overtook Billy's face and he shed his coat out of intimidation. Steve stepped off the porch and the two boys walked across the yard until they were directly across from one another.

"Whatya doing here, amigo?" Billy asks.

Steve cocked his head to the side, his arms coming to cross over his chest. "I could ask you the same thing... Amigo."

The cigarette hung loosely from Billy's lips once more, and for a small but lingering moment, he observed Steve trying to get a read on him.

"I'm looking for my step sister. Little birdie told me she was here."

Steve was quick to dawn a mask of surprise. "Huh, that's weird I don't know her."

Billy's face was slowly but surely molding into a wild glare, his brows already knitted together in agitation. He begins gesturing, vaguely.

"Small, redhead. Bit of a bitch."

A lick of anger flickered over Steve but for the kids' sake, he didn't let it show. He merely shrugged in a bored manner.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy."

Billy shook his head as he glowered at the ground, a twinge of disgust twisted up in his face. He took the cigarette into his hands, and he looks at it for only a second and smacks his lips.

A deep sigh resonates from within his chest, and he steps forward waving a shaky hand in the air.

"You know... I don't know, this...?" He falters, trying to find the appropriate word. "This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me heebie-jeebies."

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

He takes another drag of his cigarette, letting the smoke fill his lungs and the feeling fuels his rage.