Chapter 3

“Can you drive?”

She asks, as Xu He Jun carries his son back from the nanny’s.

“Er—-” he struggles to answer.

“You can’t?” Huang Shang Rong raises her brow. Fair enough, as a man who’s just entered society, who can’t even afford to replace his second hand motor cycle, he really shouldn’t be expected to know how to drive.

“Mnn, it’s better if you drive.”

It’s not that he doesn’t know, but he grew up in England so he’s used to driving on the left. Since he came back, he’s mostly been driven around by relatives or used public transport. And when he started living alone, he’s been using his second hand motor cycle. Which is to say, he hasn’t had many chances to drive. For the sake of their lives, he wouldn’t risk acting brazenly.

Huang Shang Rong keeps her eyes on the road, occasionally glancing at the infant in his arms. Noticing her gaze, Xu He Jun asks “What’s wrong?”

“The way you hold him doesn’t look very comfortable, seems awkward.” She turns her head back to the front.

“Well of course!” His forehead wrinkles as he speaks. “I’ve never held such a soft and delicate thing before, and he only arrived a few days ago.”

Putting on a calm façade, she mentions “This is why I asked if you could drive. I was thinking … I could help you carry him for a while.”

Xu He Jun stares in shock, “I thought you wouldn’t like children.”

“What? Why would you think that?”

“Career women generally don’t like kids right?”

“Who told you that? I… mnnn alright! Maybe I might not like them, but I don’t know. That’s why I wanted to hold him and see!”

When she says it like that it makes sense. “Then when we return, you can hold him and see.”

It’s actually pretty late, yet he’s bringing her back to his place. Thinking it over, he starts to regret it. It’s not like he’d do something to Huang Shang Rong, but what if she does something to him… Hey hey, enough! His imagination is too excessive. It’s probably not like that, she just wants to hold his son for a bit.

Sure enough, once she leaves the car, Huang Shang Rong grabs … no, firmly takes the child from his arms, placing him into her own, leaving him slightly stunned. So not all strong career women hate children.

Although her skills aren’t very developed, but watching her holding the child with the utmost care, it’s really different from how he, a grown man, had carried him. So even a fierce female Emperor, in front of this soft and tiny little thing, could soften and be wrapped around his finger?

Truly the soft defeats the strong.

Contemplating over Huang Shang Rong’s two sides, he subconsciously leads her back to the third floor, to his own doorstep. Seeing that she hadn’t wanted to return the child, it looks as though she wants to carry him inside herself….

“It’s already late, for you … wouldn’t there be a problem?” Not only is she his superior, she’s also older than him by a few years, it’s better to draw a line.

“Why would there be a problem?” She shoots her gaze at him.

“Er, no no, definitely no problem.”

Gently opening the door, Xu He Jun can only close it after her.

“Do you want something to drink?” As the host, he should at least show common courtesy. “Is coffee alright?”