Chapter 7

I’m back.” She isn’t sure when it happened, but she’s already gotten into the habit of reporting to Xu He Jun’s home right after getting off work. Most times, he’ll leave work before her. Having learnt a few simple dishes, he’s been diligently studying up on how to be a house husband. If there’s time, he’ll prepare 2-3 dishes for dinner.

Regarding this part of him, even Huang Shang Rong can’t find anything critical to say. Although she’s not hopeless with housework, she only knows basic cooking and cleaning. At the start, she had thought Xu He Jun would always rely on her—– regardless of whether it’s work or private matters. But unexpectedly, he’s performing well at work, brilliantly settling problems. While at home, although he’s not excelling, he’s transformed from someone with no life skills to being more or less on par with her.

“You’re back!” Wearing an apron, he runs out of the kitchen carrying a huge pot of curry. “Today we’re also having curry. I want to defend my honour and master this dish!”

Yesterday they also had curry. While she doesn’t particularly like curry, if someone’s cooking for her, she won’t nit-pick. Sometimes when she’s busy, the breakfast and lunch she prepares for He Jun isn’t particularly diverse or appetizing either, but he still finishes it without complaint. If they want nice food, since neither of them can make it, they’ll just eat out at a restaurant.

Dinner time, she eyes Xu He Jun. The more she looks, the more he resembles President Xu. Not so much while smiling, since the corner of He Jun’s lips have more charm, no – scheme, while one look at the president and you can tell that he’s a shrewd and devious old fox, as though his eyes can see right through you.

Only, their facial features are really similar! Before, at the conference, she hadn’t noticed due to the pressure, and the fact that she was too far from the president. Only today, having spent half an hour chatting with him face to face, did she realize that sense of familiarity was from He Jun!

Not to mention, mysteriously both their last names were Xu…..

No, impossible, a lot of people have the surname Xu. He Jun wouldn’t so lucky, to coincidentally be Xu Ying Zhang’s son.

Also, if he’s really the Xu family’s young master why would he have nothing better to do than to act poor? His furniture is filled with second hand goods, why wouldn’t he change it? All the chopsticks, forks and utensils were also all cheap things bought from TWD$10[1] stores. Not to mention the pacifier in Hao Hao’s mouth was bought for $39 at a flea market…..

“Why are you so unsettled? Are you stunned by how handsome I am?” As Xu He Jun feeds his son baby food, he had noticed the change in Huang Shang Rong’s eyes, and casually asked.

“Do you know Xu Ying Zhang?”

“Xu Ying Zhang?” The gears in his head turn. “Of course I know him!”

“You really know him?”

“He’s our big boss and the meal ticket who pays our wages! How could I not know? It’s not like I have a loose screw in my head!”

True, his next retort will probably be, even if he knows the big boss Xu Ying Zhang, it’s not like Xu Ying Zhang would know him!

Really, what is she thinking? To think she’d randomly associate these two people! Huang Shang Rong shakes her head, trying to stop these ridiculous thoughts. Placing her bowl and chopsticks down, she takes the plastic bowl from his hands.

“You eat first, I’ll feed Hao Hao!”

Xu He Jun scoops a few mouthfuls of food, when he recalls something, grabbing the paper bag beside him, looking at her with a sly grin “Guess what I bought today?”