Chapter 9

Xu He Jun knits his brow. Normally when he comes home, where would they be so ‘high handed’? He had originally been worried about exposing his background, and wanted to give Shang Rong some time to digest. Yet now with the addition of this exaggerated line up… Oh oh, he watches as Shang Rong’s face turns green.

“When did you add this trick, old man!”

“Ahaha!” A familiar laughter erupts from inside, when they see Xu Ying Zhang walk out, grinning widely with a pipe hanging from his mouth. “I knew you wouldn’t come through the main door. Recently the doormen started adding this service. Your uncle[1] really enjoyed it so I wanted you guys to try it as well. What do you thing? Manager Huang, don’t you find it sophisticated?”

“What Manager Huang? She’s now my future wife, and your future daughter-in-law.”

“You should work harder, you’ve been in the company 2-3 years already yet you’re still wasting time in the branch company, and your rank is lower than your wife’s. I say Shang Rong! He Jun and Hao Hao must have troubled you a lot during this time!” Using one hand to take him from Huang Shang Rong, Xu Ying Zhang teases his clever grandson. “Good Hao Hao, aiyo! You’ve gotten heavier. Let your grandfather kiss you.”

And Xu Hao in his arms, pulls at his grandfather’s ear one moment, and pulls at his nose in the next, not at all acting shy, and even giggling happily.

“Ye… Ye….”[2]

Grandfather and grandson seemed really close, he seems to come home a lot!

Who said they weren’t similar? From head to toe, Xu He Jun extremely resemble Xu Ying Zhang, even their love for mischief and hiding daggers within their smiles!

Hateful! Thinking how her Hao Hao inherited the same blood as that father and son pair, and might even make fun of her the same way in the future, her whole body starts to rage.

“Darling…” Xu He Jun knows the volcano beside him is about to erupt, so he pitifully pulls at her sleeve, hoping to extinguish some of her flames.

“Don’t pull at me.”

Although Huang Shang Rong had coldly rejected him, she still considered his pride and hadn’t simply stormed out. Though her face is somewhat stiff, she was never easy to handle. She immediately recovers her social skills, politely greeting Xu Ying Zhang and mother Xu.

At the table, mother Xu is filled with curiosity towards Huang Shang Rong, asking her how she met her son, whether work is hard, what she normally likes to eat…..

“Since you wander by his place a lot, you wouldn’t know, but back then when he said he wanted to move out by himself, he almost scared me to death! We’ve always given him what he wants, who knows what was going through his mind when he suddenly decided to live in such a pitiful way!”

Right, rather than living the life of a standard rich person, why would he act poor and fool everyone? As mother Xu speaks, she turns to glare at Xu He Jun beside her, sending him waves of killing intent.

“At first I was against it, but his father was enthusiastic. He said, from young, He Jun never knew what suffering was. And not only human suffering, letting him develop some life skills would also be good.”

Also true, for a pampered and sheltered young master like him to learn about the struggles of ordinary people, this way he’ll be more sympathetic towards the staff…. Rarely taking up opposing thoughts, looks like Xu He Jun isn’t so incorrigible after all.

“Back then he had done some research, insisting that everything needs to be second hand, like his sofa, kitchen utensils, household items, all of them were either given by people or through price comparisons online to find the cheapest things. I went to see that apartment of his, it’s really too miserable.” No wonder she always felt something was off when she used the things at his place. Nothing matched, yet he wasn’t someone who completely lacked an artistic sense. Rather, if he wanted things to be proper, everything would be exquisite, yet the items he uses in his daily life were so chaotic. So he had actually assembled it from all corners like this, and didn’t have room to choose.